Campus Controversy Discussion. Literature & Language Coursework (Coursework Sample)
Campus Controversy Discussion
Let's delve into a few specific campus controversies and discuss how the institutions handled them.
Question 1: Should controversial speakers be allowed on campus? Links below pertain to this question.
Question 2: Should universities remove controversial monuments or memorials? Links below pertain to this question.
After reviewing the media coverage and various ideas on these two all-to-common campus controversies, explain your positions on the 2 central questions:
1. should controversial speakers be allowed on campus? why or why not?
2. should universities remove controversial monuments or memorials? why or why not? **I want the position to say “NO” universities should NOT remove monuments or memorials.
In explaining your developing positions, be sure to account for which issues must take precedence in these debates, and why. Which idea or value or responsibility must be primary and shape how these controversies are handled?
***A whole page is not needed as long as all topics and questions are covered.
Campus Controversy Discussion
Previously, controversial speakers have led to protests and violence in schools. A speech delivered by Richard Spencer, a white nationalist, at Michigan State University (MSU), resulted in protests in East Lansing, Michigan. During the event, Spencer embraced anti-immigrant and anti-Semitic beliefs. The event caused high police presence, and according to university police, at least twenty-four people were arrested. Michael Treeman, twenty-one years old expressed that Richard Spencer does not deserve to address people anytime anywhere because people there are many people who hate what he stands for (CBS News, 2018).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to language essays:
- Thom & DeLillo Discussion. Literature & Language CourseworkDescription: In the Perfect Picture, Thom had a big, bulky speed graphic camera which was regarded as the trademark for a newspaper’s reporter. On the other hand, in Videotape, DeLillo took a simple family video using a video camera...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- Appropriation Art Discussion. Literature & Language CourseworkDescription: Art appropriation is an aspect that is globally developing as individuals and artists alike embrace it. It has issues up for debate especially originality and authorship which are issues that create problems especially in the legal aspect of art....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- DNR Ink Discussion. Literature & Language CourseworkDescription: One of the viewpoints held in the articles is that DNR tattoos are confusing because they do not account for the current wishes of the patient and that the patient could have had the tattoos when they were intoxicated....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Coursework |