Improving Database Design Through Relationship Modeling (Coursework Sample)
Module 2 - SLP
ENTITY-RELATIONSHIP MODEL AND DATABASE DESIGN
Improving Database Design Through Entity-Relationship Modeling
The purpose of this SLP assignment is to refine database design using ER modeling principles. You are required to continue working on the project started in the previous SLP and do the following:
Identify all relevant entities and relationships.
Use ER diagrams to present them.
When you have finished, place them into a Word document.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Improve existing database design using entity-relationship modeling methods.
Communicate effectively with your audience.
There are quite a number of aspects that can be highlighted when considering the entity relationship modelling in reference to developing databases design (Zaïane, 1995). This helps with making the database more elaborate and easier to use, with a lot more information and connection between the data. One of the aspects to consider is the fact that, the model tends to improve the relationships between the data in question (Shiflet, 2002). This is relative to the fact that, one is able to establish relationships that go beyond the binary connections. Most of the data will have a binary association, however, when using the model, it is easier to create more than two relationships with two entities. This therefore creates an entire dimension that can be considered, when evaluating the relationship between different entities and thus better understanding of the data and the research aspects on the same (Thakur, 2016).
From the ER diagram it is easy to see that there exists more relations between a customer and their account at the bank. This way, researchers are able to establish the various ways the customer interacts with their account and thus the bank. At the same time, it is much easier to see the bigger picture when it comes to the products offered by the bank relative to the needs of the customer.
A researcher is able to identify ternary and other higher degree relationships. This further helps a resear...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to relationship:
- W5-1 Response and Question on Medicine Assignment Description: Response and Question on Medicine Assignment: Write short paper about 100-150 length responses after reading 2 people's post and the last instructor's question...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Statistical Error and Statistical Correlation TechniqueDescription: There is a linear correlation between the number of cigarettes smoked and the pulse rate. As the number of cigarettes increases the pulse rate increases...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Short Medicine Paper Assignment: Tuesdays with MorrieDescription: The relationship between the professor and the students is one that is filled with some intriguing development and discussions...4 pages/≈1100 words | 1 Source | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |