Manifest Destiny and the Mexican War of 1846 (Coursework Sample)
Week 3 Discussion: Manifest Destiny and the Mexican War of 1846
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
• Textbook: Chapter 8 (section 8.3), 11
• from https://cnx.org/contents/p7ovuIkl@6.18:gMXC1GEM@7/IntroductionLinks to an external site.
• Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, pick two (2) of the following historical events:
• The Lewis and Clark Expedition
• The Missouri Compromise
• Independence of Texas
• Mexican War of 1846-1848
• The California Gold Rush
Then, address the following for your selections:
• Which of your two selections do you consider most impactful on Westward Expansion during 1800-1848? Explain why.
• Analyze the effects of the ideology of Manifest Destiny on the two historical events that you chose from the list.
Manifest Destiny and the Mexican War of 1846
The Independence of Texas and The Mexican War of1846-1848
My selections are the independence of Texas and the Mexican war, 1846-1848. Of the two, I consider the Mexican-American war to be the most impactful event of the Westward expansion of the 1800s CITATION Cor14 \l 1033 (Corbett, et al., 2014). This is due to the great impact the war had not only in America and Mexico but the neighboring countries. Apart from taking over Texas-a Mexican territory, the U.S.’s quest for westward expansion was unstoppable. America was annexing Oregon another Mexican territory that was rich in commercial ventures. Moreover, the country would be a gateway to the pacific and trade with Asia. Mexicans were not willing to let go of their territories hence, went to go with the Americans whose ambition was to seize California among other Mexican territ
- World War Questions, About Chinese Civil War Research AssignmentDescription: At the surrender of the Japanese from China’s mainland, two sides namely the nationalist government and the communists were left fighting each other for supremacy...3 pages/≈825 words | 1 Source | APA | History | Coursework |
- History Question Coursework War StrategiesDescription: This is a full scale strategy compared to the more sparing approach of the new look. No nation wants to be caught unaware and as such they train for moderate to a full-on attack that could easily destroy the warring nations or which even comes first....2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | History | Coursework |
- Traditional Prosecution alternatives: Diversion, deferred prosecution, and deferred sentenci. . .Description: Traditional Prosecution alternatives: Diversion, deferred prosecution, and deferred sentencing...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | History | Coursework |