Manifest Destiny and the Mexican War of 1846 (Coursework Sample)
Week 3 Discussion: Manifest Destiny and the Mexican War of 1846
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
• Textbook: Chapter 8 (section 8.3), 11
• from https://cnx(dot)org/contents/p7ovuIkl@6.18:gMXC1GEM@7/IntroductionLinks to an external site.
• Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, pick two (2) of the following historical events:
• The Lewis and Clark Expedition
• The Missouri Compromise
• Independence of Texas
• Mexican War of 1846-1848
• The California Gold Rush
Then, address the following for your selections:
• Which of your two selections do you consider most impactful on Westward Expansion during 1800-1848? Explain why.
• Analyze the effects of the ideology of Manifest Destiny on the two historical events that you chose from the list.
Manifest Destiny and the Mexican War of 1846
The Independence of Texas and The Mexican War of1846-1848
My selections are the independence of Texas and the Mexican war, 1846-1848. Of the two, I consider the Mexican-American war to be the most impactful event of the Westward expansion of the 1800s CITATION Cor14 \l 1033 (Corbett, et al., 2014). This is due to the great impact the war had not only in America and Mexico but the neighboring countries. Apart from taking over Texas-a Mexican territory, the U.S.’s quest for westward expansion was unstoppable. America was annexing Oregon another Mexican territory that was rich in commercial ventures. Moreover, the country would be a gateway to the pacific and trade with Asia. Mexicans were not willing to let go of their territories hence, went to go with the Americans whose ambition was to seize California among other Mexican territ
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to war essays:
- Critical Review: Peace After The Civil WarDescription: The main argument of the article revolves around the question as to whether the presence of peacekeeping plays an important role in the creation of peace after a civil war or its absence performs the purpose....5 pages/≈1375 words | 1 Source | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- West African Country that Struggled With a 10-year Brutal Civil WarDescription: In a magnificent display of success and having achieved the American dream, Fatima Amina packs her 2017 BMW X1 SUV in a parking slot reserved for the program manager....4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Revolutionary War and States’ Founders PlanningDescription: Arguably, the American Revolutionary War occurred because of the tension between American colonies and Britain....2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | MLA | History | Essay |