Industrialization, Imperialism, and America’s Entry Into WWI (Coursework Sample)
Week 5 Discussion: Industrialization, Imperialism, and America’s Entry Into WWI
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
• Textbook: Chapter 17 (section 17.4), 18 (section 18.3), 19 (sections 19.1, 19.2), 21 (sections 21.2, 21.4)
• from https://cnx.org/contents/p7ovuIkl@6.18:gMXC1GEM@7/IntroductionLinks to an external site.
• Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, pick two (2) of the following categories representing minority groups during 1880-1914:
• Women's rights activists
• African Americans
• Immigrants from southern and eastern Europe
• Child workers
• Great Plain Indians
Then, address the following for your selections:
• Explain the socio-economic status and challenges of your minority groups at the turn of the century.
• How did the Industrial Revolution affect your chosen minority groups?
• Analyze how the Progressives brought reform to your selected minority groups. Do you find that the Progressives were successful in making government responsive and improve the conditions of your chosen minority group?
Industrialization, Imperialism, And America’s Entry into WW1
The period between 1880 and 1914 marked the progressive era whereby the US was undergoing major social and political reforms. Therefore, the socio-economic status of African Americans is that most of them belonged to the low class and lived in the ghettos. Racial discrimination was still taking place, and hence, there were estates for the whites and others for the African-Americans. They were also allowed to work for low wages. In addition, children were also affected by child labor since an approximation of 1.7million children were employed as laborers. However, child labor laws were made stricter hence reducing the cases of child labor. Both groups faced the issue of unfair remuneration in the work place.
The industrial rev
- Indian Film Directed By Bhansali Based On The Poem PadmavatiDescription: Padmavat is a 2018 Indian film directed by Bhansali based on the poem Padmavati. The main characters are Rani Padmavat, a well-known beautiful Rajput queen, and Sultan Khilji who attacks her kingdom to claim her after hearing of her beauty....1 page/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | History | Coursework |
- Lesson Plans on the topic of the Holocaust for 2nd and 11th gradeDescription: Master's level Essay: Lesson Plans on the topic of the Holocaust for 2nd and 11th grade...12 pages/≈3300 words | 10 Sources | APA | History | Coursework |
- Homework: Agreement Between The Original States Of The USDescription: Articles of confederation was an agreement between the original States of the US which served as the first constitution of the nation...3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | APA | History | Coursework |