Week 2 Discussion 2: Confederation and Constitution (Coursework Sample)
Week 2 Discussion 2: Confederation and Constitution
11 unread reply.11 reply.
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
• Textbook: Chapter 7, 8
• from https://cnx.org/contents/p7ovuIkl@6.18:gMXC1GEM@7/IntroductionLinks to an external site.
• Link (website): Articles of Confederation (1777) (Links to an external site.)
• Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
For the initial post, address the following:
• Pick two (2) issues of the Articles of Confederation and describe the main problems that the United States was faced with under the Federation government.
• Analyze two major debates (see textbook Section 7.4) by which the Constitution was created in the summer of 1787.
Then, address one (1) of the following to your initial post:
• Discuss the ratification process of the Constitution of 1787.
• How did ratification lead to the formation of America's first two political parties, the Federalists and Anti-Federalist?
• What were the major differences between the Federalist and Anti-Federalist, and who were the best-known members of each
Confederation and ConstitutionNameInstitutional AffiliationDate
Issues Addressed in the Articles of Confederation
1 Struggle for power- The nations struggled for power amongst themselves. Article of confederation ensured that the states would retain any power not delegated to the United States government as provided in the confederation.
2 Voting and representation disputes- Each of the states had one vote in the congress and the states formed a league of friendship with each other instead of forming one national government. This played a great role in resolving land and border disputes among the states.
Debates for the Constitutional Convention in 1787
Previously, the main purpose of the Constitutional Convention was to amend the Articles of Confederation since there were many economic problems affecting the countries under the Article of Confederation. However, the meeting turned out to be the creation of a national government. Different leaders give their suggestions on the issue of presentation to the national government. James Madison suggested the creation of a strong national government that would overturn the state laws. Under his plan, there would be the lower house and the upper house in the legislature with different powers. Others suggested the creation of proportional presentation that gave more power to the populous states such as
- The Causes of the American Revolutionary WarDescription: The American way of thinking that they deserved better treatment as British colonies led to war. Americans became rebellious to their colonizers. The 18th century was the highlight of the enlightenment period where revolutionary thinking took place....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | History | Coursework |
- The Cost Of Expansion: New England And The Middle ColoniesDescription: From the four settlements, I chose the New England and the Middle colonies. There are several similarities and differences that exist between the two colonies....1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | History | Coursework |
- The Roman Value System Research Assignment PaperDescription: The Roman value system included a belief in imperialism. These words explain what the Roman people saw when they interacted with the world around them. ...1 page/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | History | Coursework |