Week 2 Discussion 1: The American Revolution (Coursework Sample)
Week 2 Discussion 1: The American Revolution
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
• Textbook: Chapter 5, 6
• from https://cnx.org/contents/p7ovuIkl@6.18:gMXC1GEM@7/IntroductionLinks to an external site.
• Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook)
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, pick two (2) of the leading causes of the American Revolution.
• The Proclamation Act of 1763
• The Navigation Acts
• The Stamp Act
• The Declaratory Act
• The Townsend Act
• The Boston Massacre
• The Coercive Acts
Then, address the following for your selections:
• Analyze the cause and effect of two acts passed by the British Parliament on British North America. Which of your two selections do you consider the most significant and why?
• Examine and explain the significance of the Declaration of Independence to the development of the American Revolution.
United States History
Subject and Section
July 17, 2019
The American Revolution has led to a significant change, not only in the United States, but also throughout the world. However, despite its importance in the nation’s history, it must be noted that the revolution did not simply happen overnight. Rather, it is the culmination of different historical events that ultimately led to the revolution itself. While there are different factors that caused this event, some of the most significant ones are the passing of The Stamp Act and The Townshend Act.
The Stamp Act was imposed by the Parliament of Britain towards its citizens and its colonies back in 1765 CITATION Ope14 \l 1033 (Open Stax, 2014). Because of this act almost all of the printed materials and papers were imposed with a tax, thereby affecting the ways how the citizens lived. However, while the tax was
- The Causes of the American Revolutionary WarDescription: The American way of thinking that they deserved better treatment as British colonies led to war. Americans became rebellious to their colonizers. The 18th century was the highlight of the enlightenment period where revolutionary thinking took place....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | History | Coursework |
- Issues led to World War I in 1914Description: The conventional view is that World War I broke out for structural reasons, an argument centered on the idea that any little disturbance in the European balance of power would tip the system off kilter....3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | History | Coursework |
- Week 2 Discussion 1: The American RevolutionDescription: Analyze the cause and effect of two acts passed by the British Parliament on British North America. Which of your two selections do you consider the most significant and why?...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | History | Coursework |