Comprehensive Health Assessment for Patients and Populations – C350 (Coursework Sample)
This paper is based on a History and Physical done on a simulation patient online, I will attach the instructions as well as what I have typed thus far.
7003.1.1 : Comprehensive Assessment of Individuals and Populations
The graduate develops a comprehensive assessment approach for the assessment of individuals and populations.
7003.1.2 : Health Maintenance and Risk Reduction Assessment for Individuals and Populations
The graduate develops strategies for assessment of health maintenance and risk reduction activities of individuals and populations.
7003.1.3 : Outcome Goals and Interventions for Individuals and Populations Based on Assessment Findings
The graduate develops outcome goals for individuals and selected populations based on assessment findings.
7003.1.4 : Strategies of Maintaining Physical and Functional Health
The graduate identifies integrative strategies for promoting physical and functional health, and preventing disease for individuals and selected populations.
In this assessment, you will demonstrate competence in exploring a patient’s physical and mental well-being. To do this, you will complete a comprehensive health assessment
on the virtual patient Carolyn Cross in iHuman Patients.
You will then assess the social and physical determinants of health and how they affect this virtual patient, Carolyn. To do so, you must focus on the social and physical
environments that promote health. These environmental determinants include place of birth, neighborhoods, life, experiences, work environments, recreational activities, and
worship practices. These determinants affect health, daily functions, and quality-of-life risks and outcomes. Resources that can affect access to quality healthcare include safe
and affordable housing, access to education and emerging technologies, public safety, the availability of healthy foods, and local health and emergency services.
The purpose of this task is to reflect on how such outside factors affect Carolyn’s access to quality healthcare.
Comprehensive Health Assessment for Patients and Populations
Western Governor's University
August 30, 2020
Comprehensive Health Assessment for Patients and Populations C-350
A. Reflect on the comprehensive health assessment you preformed on the virtual patient Carolyn Cross in iHuman Patients by doing the following:
1. Discuss four evidence-based interview techniques you used to assess Carolyn's social determinants. Include a scholarly source in your discussion.
"Interviewing is both a skill and an art." (Bickley, 2016, p. 65). During my iHuman comprehensive health assessment of Carolyn, I utilized four evidence-based interview techniques. First and foremost, I introduced myself, my role, asked her how she would like to be addressed, explained what to expect and the time frame in which to expect completion of the interview, and finally advised her our interview would be confidential. Once we were settled in a private area, she was comfortable, and I made sure there would be no interruptions, I proceeded to the next interview technique, active listening. I was being present, at the moment, actively listening to her responses. I noted her body language, as well as her verbal responses to my questioning, and encouraged her to expand on her symptoms and circumstances related to any symptoms she may have.
Third, I acknowledged and validated her concerns by letting her know she was heard and helped her realize what she was feeling was normal. I provided empathetic responses and reassured her I would address her problems and concerns.
Lastly, I made sure to summarize her responses to indicate I understood and allowed her to correct anything I may have missed. Followed by, a summarization of our conversation, thus hoping to impress upon her my commitment to our professional relationship.
"High-quality patient-clinician communication has also been shown to improve patient outcomes, decrease symptoms, and improve functional status, reduce litigation, and decrease errors" (Bickley, 2016, p. 65).
* Justify the questions you used to assess each of the five social determinants of Carolyn, and include her responses.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Health care Essays
- Psychology Essays
- I have a dream Essays
- Emotional intelligence Essays
- Frankenstein Essays
- Holocaust Essays
- Language Essays
- Censorship Essays
- Mental illness Essays
- Water pollution Essays
- Child labor Essays
- Schizophrenia Essays
- Smoking Essays
- Manifest destiny Essays
- Trifles Essays
- Vietnam war Essays
- Responses: Opioid Use DisorderDescription: Hello! I hope you are enjoying your holidays. It is a coincidence that you sent your article regarding Opioid-Related Disorder because I had been reading a lot about drug abuse lately. You’ve elaborated quite decently on the major aspects of this problem....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |
- Health, Medicine, Nursing Coursework: DQ8Description: Describe how the educational level achieved by a nurse or the entry point into professional nursing practice affects the quality and competence of a nurse's participation in policymaking. Why is it important for registered nurses to influence the regulatory process? Does the nurses' education have an influence on their ability to make an impact?...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |
- Instructional Strategies Health, Medicine, Nursing CourseworkDescription: The learning environment can be utterly frustrating, particularly for students who are not able to understand, grasp, and comprehend the ideas and information shared by their teachers. This is usually the case when students are being taught new concepts. It is the role of teachers...5 pages/≈1375 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |