Week-2-journal. Psychotherapy. Health, Medicine, Nursing Coursework (Coursework Sample)
psychotherapy with individual. you can makeup the patient .
Select a client whom you observed or counseled this week. Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
• Describe the client (without violating HIPAA regulations) and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
• Using the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders, 5th edition (DSM-5), explain and justify your diagnosis for this client.
• Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling this client.
• Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
Patient: 35 years old occasion patient attempted sucide, climbed up on tree and jumped off the tree, patient is actively delusional. And actively suicidal, state he wants to die because he does not have anything to live.
Past medical history: audio and visual hallucination. Delusional disordera
Past surgery: denied
Past medication: denied
Current medication: Started on risperidon and Seroquel.
Family history: denied mental problem in family.
Description of the Client
The patient was a 35 year old man who, on several occasions, attempted to commit suicide. In this case, the patient climbed up in the tree and jumped off the tree. Seemingly, the patient is in a delusional, suicidal state. The truth behind his suicidal attempt was that he lacks material things to enable him live a comfortable life. Here are the historical medical examinations conducted; audio and visual hallucination, and the delusional disorder. However, he deliberately denied undergoing surgery and the prescribed medications. Besides, he denied his involvement in the family mental issue. Later, he accepted a risperidon and Seroquel medications.
- Formal Outline Health, Medicine, Nursing CourseworkDescription: Thesis Statement: Despite medical assistants and coders being among the best job positions in the healthcare sector, being a medical coder has always been my dream since it aligns with my skill sets and gives me various opportunities to advance my career....2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |
- Research, Practice Problems, and Questions Medicine CourseworkDescription: A surgical site infection is a form of infection arising after performing surgery on a particular body section of the body. These infections can be superficial, occurring only on the skin or under the skin, implanted material, and organs. The nursing problem is chosen because surgical site infection...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |
- The Literature Review and Searching for Evidence Medicine CourseworkDescription: In their study titled “Delirium: Why are nurses confused?” , Baker, Taggart, Nivens, and Tillman (2015) conducted a literature review on studies that provided primary data on nurses’ delirium, acute confusion, knowledge, and/or recognition. One of the studies in their literature review was by Hare...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |