Case Study Response 3. Education Coursework. APA format (Coursework Sample)
Step #1: Read the Case Study below
Jon is a four-year-old boy, bilingual (Armenian and American), 3 1/2 ft. tall, 55 pounds. He is considered obese. Jon presents with some social emotional issues likely related to the grandmother’s hovering and overprotective ways. Sasha (grandmother) tells Jon not to run, shuns him from getting dirty or wet at the water table when present, she wipes his face for him often, hand-feeds him food, injects herself into social situation with the other children during pickup times, and is the primary caretaker while the parents work. The parents Emily and Dr. John, work long hours but also rely heavily on Sasha to care for their son while they take frequent vacations and long outings.
Jons’ teacher recognizes that Sasha is the doting grandmother and talks with her and finds out that she fled her country to avoid war with her children in her arms as babies. She has been in America for 30 plus years and has a thick accent, and she speaks 4 languages. When Sasha leaves the school, Jon begins to scream and also tries to bargain with the teachers to leave the school. It is obvious he suffers from separation anxiety. Sasha is seen sitting in her car for hours waiting to return for her grandson. She lives 20 minutes from the school.
Step #2: Questions
Question #1: How would you help Jon handle the separation anxiety?
Question #2: How would you help Jon’s grandmother handle the separation anxiety?
Remember you could use Chapter 5 of Early Education Today by George Morrison to help back your suggestion(s) for the first two responses.
* Must be in Times New Roman Font Size 12 with 1 inch margins all around.
* Must be in APA format
* Must be at least 275 words.
CASE STUDY RESPONSE 3
Case Study Response 3
The leading cause of separation anxiety in young children results from the struggle to separate from a caregiver due to new environments and experiences. Jon suffers from this type of anxiety due to his attachment to Sasha when left at the school. Psychotherapy can play an essential role in helping create a tolerance after separation from his grandmother.
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to a rose for emily:
- Reflection on and Reaction to Jung Typology Test Business EssayDescription: The main objective of the Jung Typology Test is to promote self-awareness in human beings. In collaboration with colleagues, Jung developed a system to aid human beings in understanding and development. Harmony gets achieved when human beings achieve specific lifestyles....2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Review Writing Assignment Final Draft. Health, Medicine, Nursing CourseworkDescription: The diagnosis of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) has increased tremendously and is currently estimated to be at 5.29%. The disease has started evolving into various episodes (Ford-Jones & Christine, 2015)....3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |
- You will choose and critique a Ted Talk. Communications & Media EssayDescription: Speakers often use a variety of rhetorical techniques to make their presentations effective. The use of rhetorical strategies allows speakers to influence the audience with their messages....4 pages/≈1100 words | MLA | Communications & Media | Essay |