The Sharp Printing, AG Case (Coursework Sample)
Read and analyze the Sharp Printing, AG case "Estimating Project Times & Costs" of Project Management: The Managerial Process.
Write a 2-page paper addressing the following:
What is project scope?
Why is it important to define project scope clearly?
What is the relationship between project scope, cost, and schedule?
Answer the following three questions concerning the case:
At this point, what would you do if you were the project manager?
Was top management acting correctly in developing an estimate?
What estimating techniques should be used for a mission critical project such as this?
The Sharp Printing, AG Case
[Name of the Student]
[Name of the Institution]
[Date of Submission]
1 The Project Scope
According to Kerzner & Kerzner (2017), the part of the planning of a project that includes documenting and determining a list of particular project deadlines, costs, tasks, deliverables, and goals is referred to as the project scope. In other words, it also involves what requires to be accomplished and the work that must be performed in delivering the project.
2 Importance of Defining the Project Scope clearly
Defining the project scope clearly is highly crucial to every project because it highlights the requirements that need to be fulfilled and also indicates the assumptions, dependencies, and limitations of the project. Moreover, in project management defining the project scope is the primary initial step and it must be mapped and defined accurately as it helps the project managers in allocating the proper costs and labor required for completing the project. Last but not least, a clear project scope will also help the project manager in managing the expectations of stakeholders and clients and will also help in avoiding the common issues in projects like the project being behind schedule, project finances escalating, and continuous changes within the requirements of the project and etc
3 The Relation between Project Schedule, Cost and Scope
The relation between project schedule (time), cost and scope are that they are the three critical constraints in project management. The schedule is referred to as the time for the project to reach completion. Whereas the tasks required for fulfilling the
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Soccer Essays
- Video games Essays
- Relationship Essays
- Plagiarism Essays
- Poems Essays
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to time management:
- The firm organization and management. Business & Marketing EssayDescription: Final paper: Consider a firm with which you are familiar. Write a short paper on it. Think about your firm historically and comparatively. What’s special about the firm? What do you think about its governance and future development in the next 10 or 20 years? Any critical thought about its business?...11 pages/≈3025 words | 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Examine The Business Concepts Of Quality Management And Lean SystemsDescription: Total Quality Management (TQM) and Lean Manufacturing (LM) are management optimization approaches which enclose many ideas. While TQM entails managing quality at every stage of the manufacturing process, including planning and design, inspection and monitoring,...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Scholarship Essay: Achieving Educational GoalsDescription: My area of study is business administration and management, and I think that it is one of the best career options for me. The core benefit of studying business administration and management is that it will equip me with advanced business skills and knowledge and will prepare me for a challenging tomorrow....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |