Module 1 - Slp Facilities Planning And Warehousing (Coursework Sample)
Module 1 - SLP
FACILITIES PLANNING AND WAREHOUSING
The Trident Session Long Project (SLP) is, in fact, a session long project. However, each the four discrete assignments is uploaded and graded separately. The purpose of the project is to embed the concepts of the course in a real-world example of your own choosing.
Pick an organization to examine throughout the course. It may be one you work for, or have worked for; but in any event, it should be one you're familiar with, and about which you're able to collect information. It's particularly important you be able to collect information about the following logistical functions:
Facilities layout and warehousing (Module 1)
Product distribution (Module 2)
Logistical quality control (Module 3)
Reverse logistics (Module 4)
A few words about each of these broadly-defined functions may be helpful.
Facilities layout and warehousing, from the logistical point of view, is primarily concerned with the temporary storage, management and retrieval of materiel received in advance of immediate requirements, and products either awaiting sale or being held for customers in advance of agreed-upon delivery dates.
Product distribution is the process by which the goods and services created by the organization are made available to users.
Logistical quality control is the process of monitoring logistical processes, identifying problems, and resolving them. It's a continuous process.
Reverse logistics pertains to the organization's involvement in the movement and disposition of goods following their use by customers. This includes such topics as customer returns, collection and disposal of wastes, and recycling.
For the first SLP, please address the following topics:
1. The name of the organization
2. Its primary business or mission
3. Why you chose this business
4. How it handles its warehousing functions
Submit the assignment for grading by the end of this Module.
Facilities Planning and Warehousing
Headquartered in Cupertino, Apple is one of the largest American multinational electronic companies in the world. The company is embedded in the designing, development and the marketing of computer software, online services and consumer electronics. The hardware products that Apple deal with are ipad tablet computer, iphone smartphone, ipod portable media player, Apple TV digital media player, the mac personal computer and the Apple smartwatch.
The company's consumer software is as f
- Marketing Coursework Module 4 - Case Reverse LogisticsDescription: How could you monetize that value? Who would be interested in seeing that information, and what could you gain by providing it to them?...2 pages/≈550 words| 6 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Coursework |
- MGT304: The Rise of Counterfeit Products from China Description: Identify a 'high profile' company that has exhibited particularly unethical (and in most cases, illegal) behavior in the last four years....1 page/≈275 words| 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Coursework |
- Business and Marketing Discussions 2 (Coursework)Description: What role do long-term objectives play in helping the enterprise make appropriate strategic choice decisions? Coursework...1 page/≈275 words| 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Coursework |