11 pages/≈3025 words
Business & Marketing
Case Study of Tesco (Coursework Sample)
Assessment 1 Individual coursework Write a 3000 word report (NOT an essay) analysing an organisation of your choice. Please structure your report using the headings in the correct sequence: 1. Executive summary (summary of the whole report – topic; key findings and recommendations). 300 words 2. Company background (company description including organisational chart, product portfolio and SWOT). 200 words 3. Market analysis (including competitor analysis, branding and positioning; market segmentation) 1000 words 4. Strategic choices (Application of Ansoff matrix, PEST and opportunities for NPD) 1000 words 5. Conclusions and recommendations. 500 words Terms and Conditions - Please be very careful about PLAGIARISM either plagiarising sources such as company reports or websites with too much copy and paste or sharing material with other students. - This is a REPORT. This means that you can use bullet points (not cryptic bullet points), diagrams and subheadings. - Please be aware of the difference between description and analysis more marks are given for analysis. So as you can see the bulk of the marks and the bulk of your effort should go into sections 3 and 4. - If you need to add information and to avoid going over the word count put the information in an appendix at the back of the report. - Sources of data for this report can be found in the library in electronic resources and on company web sites. source..
Business and Marketing: Case Study of Tesco
Contents TOC \o "1-3" \h \z \u Executive summary PAGEREF _Toc306297805 \h 3Company background PAGEREF _Toc306297806 \h 4Headquarters PAGEREF _Toc306297807 \h 4SWOT analysis PAGEREF _Toc306297808 \h 5Strengths: PAGEREF _Toc306297809 \h 5Weaknesses: PAGEREF _Toc306297810 \h 5Opportunities: PAGEREF _Toc306297811 \h 5Threats: PAGEREF _Toc306297812 \h 5Market Analysis PAGEREF _Toc306297813 \h 5Competitors PAGEREF _Toc306297814 \h 6Branding and Positioning PAGEREF _Toc306297815 \h 6Market segmentation PAGEREF _Toc306297816 \h 7Ansoff Matrix PAGEREF _Toc306297817 \h 9P.E.S.T Analysis PAGEREF _Toc306297818 \h 10Political factors PAGEREF _Toc306297819 \h 10Economic factors PAGEREF _Toc306297820 \h 10Social/cultural factors PAGEREF _Toc306297821 \h 10Technological factors PAGEREF _Toc306297822 \h 11Opportunities for New Product Development (NPD) PAGEREF _Toc306297823 \h 11Conclusion PAGEREF _Toc306297824 \h 12Recommendations PAGEREF _Toc306297825 \h 13References PAGEREF _Toc306297826 \h 15
It takes a lot to set up and run business successfully in the current world. As such, even companies that started operations decades ago have to continually restructure and reformulate their strategies. Marketing is a core factor in the business life. This paper looks at Tesco, a company based in the U.K but with operations internationally. It explores the company by looking into some of its features such as:
* The history of the company from the 1919 when it was started by Jack Cohen to date and its organizational structure
* The various products that the company deals in such as foodstuff, furniture, DVD rental, clothing, stationery among others.
* Market analysis where a detailed analysis of competitors will be given. Both local and international competitors such as Wal Mart, Asad and Cadbury`s are analyzed. Light is shed on how these competitors have helped in reshaping Tesco over the years.
* An analysis of the strategic choices available for Tesco comprising of the Ansoff matrix showing how Tesco has increased the market share in the U.K and spread to the U.S.A and several countries in the Asian continent. The political, economical, social and technological effects on Tesco are further explained. The opportunities for new product development are also explained in detail. These indicate that by expanding the market share to international levels, Tesco captures a more diverse clientele base with diversified needs. In trying to satisfy those needs, the company gets an opportunity for new product development.
* The paper concludes by summing up all the above issues and coming up with recommendations that the company can employ to better its services. If implemented, the recommendations can ensure that the company remains on the competitive front for longer and captures an even wider market
Tesco was set up in 1919 by S...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Complexity in information technologyDescription: Business and Marketing Coursework: Complexity in information technology...7 pages/≈1925 words | 5 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Coursework |
- Logistics TDDescription: Undergraduate level Coursework: Logistics TD...3 pages/≈825 words | 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Coursework |
- ParkerDescription: Business and Marketing Coursework: Parker...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Coursework |