Course Project II (Coursework Sample)
Unit II Course Project For this portion of your course project, you will be adding information about the corporate governance that is present in your chosen firm. This section should meet the criteria below. Business, Government and Society 2
- Explain the governance structure of the organization.
- Analyze the connection between businesses and society.
- Detail how this connection affects the corporate governance of the organization.
- Examine the future of corporate governance globally.
- How does your chosen firm compare with global trends?
This section of your project must be at least two pages in length.
You must use at least one academic source, and any information from outside sources should be cited in APA format.
Information about accessing the grading rubric for this assignment is provided below.source..
PepsiCo, Inc. is one of the most popular beverage, and snack corporations in the United States, having its headquarters in Purchase, New York City. For quite a long time, PepsiCo has been manufacturing, distributing and marketing beverages, grain-based snacks and plenty of other products. Founded in 1965, the company came into being when Pepsi-Cola Company and Frito-Lay, Inc. merged, and since then it has expanded its network worldwide. As of February 2013, PepsiCo has generated retail sales of over $2 billion apiece, and its products are distributed in nearly 180 countries all over the world. In North America alone, PepsiCo is said to be the biggest and most successful beverage business in terms of net revenues (Muzumdar, 2014).
The governance structure of PepsiCo
The Board of Directors consists of 9 members, including 5 outside directors. In general, the Board of Directors arranges meetings throughout the month and tries to make wise decisions regarding PepsiCo's business and marketing strategies, as well as other managerial matters. PepsiCo expects its directors to apply their experiences in management by enhancing the overall performance of the company. In this way, PepsiCo is gaining fame day by day and strengthening its governance from the perspective of sharing information, thereby developing a system that can ensure the soundness of management (Dijk, 2008).
The connection between businesses and society
Every business, in one way or the other, plays a significant role in shaping the society on the whole. In other words, we can say that businesses are the most powerful tools to create positive changes and bring revolutions. Still, too much dependence on businesses can fuel poverty and inequality rather than solving the problems of society. Thus, there is a strong need to create a balance between how businesses operate and what type of changes they bring to a society.
- The Existing Corporate CultureDescription: The existing corporate culture of this publishing house emphasized certain ethical practices. All of the employees were encouraged to abide by the ethical values and codes as well as policies of the company....1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Coursework |
- The Chase StrategyDescription: The Chase Strategy. What are some of the challenges associated with using it and why? Business and Marketing Coursework...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Coursework |
- Prepare New Line of Product: Mobile Spa Market ResearchDescription: Develop at least one question for each characteristic of the target market (demographic, geographic, psychographic, and behavioral) ...3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Coursework |