Final Project: Strategic Marketing Proposal/ Walgreens Coursework (Coursework Sample)
The final project for this course is the creation of a strategic marketing proposal.
Developing and implementing a healthcare marketing proposal requires deep alignment with organizational values, systematic inquiry, and applied, strategic
thinking. By engaging the steps of the marketing process, you will gain skills and perspectives applicable to a range of healthcare management careers.
In this project, you will apply what you have learned about healthcare marketing to a real-world organization of your choice. Specifically, you will identify a
product or service for which you will develop a strategic marketing proposal. In your proposal, you must explain the importance of marketing principles as they
uniquely apply to your chosen healthcare organization. Additionally, you will engage in the marketing process by establishing objectives, analyzing the market
environment, and developing a promotions mix for effectively marketing your product or service.
The project is divided into two milestones, which will be submitted at various points throughout the course to scaffold learning and ensure quality final
submissions. These milestones will be submitted in Modules Three and Five. The final submission is due in Module Seven.
In this assignment, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following course outcomes:
• Explain the importance of fundamental marketing principles and processes as they uniquely apply to healthcare organizations
• Determine relevant marketing objectives and target audiences that support the mission, vision, and values of healthcare organizations
• Analyze healthcare markets to identify sociocultural characteristics, customer needs, and economic factors that influence demand for health services
• Develop strategic marketing proposals by applying the marketing mix to support the mission and brand identity of healthcare organizations
Your strategic marketing proposal should address the following critical elements:
A. Provide a detailed profile of your selected organization. What type of organization is it? What is its mission and vision, its service area and
locations, and its major products and services?
B. Describe your marketing initiative in terms of the specific product or service you have selected. Why is it important to the organization? What
are the current issues with the product or service? Why is a marketing initiative needed?
C. Explain the relevance of knowing your customers’ needs for marketing your healthcare product or service. Illustrate your response with specific
examples of your primary and secondary customers, as well as their needs, wants, and preferences.
D. Clarify the importance of the “four P’s” of marketing as they apply to your healthcare product or service. Illustrate your response with specific
examples of how each is or is not relevant.
E. Characterize the relevance of drivers of demand for marketing your healthcare product or service. Illustrate your response with specific
examples of factors that drive demand for your product or service.
II. Establish the Context
A. Determine the marketing goals of your initiative. You should develop at least three specific objectives that apply best practices and align to the
organizational mission and vision.
B. Analyze the industry segment for your healthcare product or service. Include all relevant details related to population segment and
demographics, market size, psychographic or health status segmentation, regulatory influences, payer mix, and key success factors.
C. Identify and describe your target markets. Be sure to include all relevant details related to their demographics, characteristics, preferences, and
consumer behaviors. In any area where you are lacking critical information, explain the type of data that you would collect to fully understand
your target markets.
III. Market Analysis
A. Conduct a SWOT analysis for your selected healthcare product or service. Be sure to thoroughly analyze the strengths, weaknesses,
opportunities, and threats by including at least three items in each category.
B. Assess your organization’s competitors using specific supporting examples. You should address at least two competitors, and discuss at least
three strengths and weaknesses for each.
C. Based on your SWOT and competitor assessment, draw informed conclusions about your organization’s current market position and justify your
claims with specific supporting examples.
IV. Marketing Strategies
A. Develop a promotions strategy that effectively applies the media mix. Which traditional marketing techniques (e.g., public relations, advertising,
sales and sales promotion, direct marketing) do you recommend and why? Defend each of your proposals using specific evidence and principles
discussed in the course.
B. Analyze the resource requirements. What are the types of resources you would need for your proposed strategies? What are the categories of
direct and indirect expenses to consider?
C. Propose specific metrics for evaluating the success of your marketing proposals. How would you measure success? What sources of data would
you monitor and how would that data be interpreted?
V. Conclusions: In closing, defend your overall strategy proposal by illustrating the specific ways in which your recommendations would support the
mission, vision, and values of your healthcare organization.
Marketing Research Proposal: Walgreens
Marketing Research Proposal: Walgreens
Walgreens is an American pharmaceutical company established in 1901 and operates the second-largest pharmacy store in America. Its headquarters is in Deerfield, Illinois, in Chicago. Walgreens operated 9277 stores across the United States by the year 2019 (Smith-Ray et al., 2020). Walgreens' vision is to be America's most-loved pharmacy-led health, well-being, and beauty company. Besides, the company's mission is to champion the health and well-being of every community in America. Walgreens offers several products and services, which mainly target the health of its customers. The main one is in the medication filed, which the brand Almus Generics provides. Other products provided by different brands include skincare, vitamins, healthcare, toilet papers, holidays, electronics, and groceries. Different brands that Walgreen manages provide these products. They include Well at Walgreens, Finest Nutrition, Big Roll, and Botanics, among others. These services and brands are available in eleven countries worldwide, although the operations are more vibrant in the US than in other countries.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Walgreens Business & Marketing Coursework ResearchDescription: The world has experienced an increased number of youths in rehabilitation centers (Singh, Zhang, Kuo & Sharma, 2016). There is a need to improve ways of handling the addicts and help them recover; the increasing numbers prompt the use of cost-efficient but effective means...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Coursework |
- Meakin Enterprises. Case report. Business & Marketing CourseworkDescription: Every organization involves decision-making, which is based on an assessment of the industry. This would enable the company to evaluate all the pros and cons and make further decisions for its success....12 pages/≈3300 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Coursework |
- Personal Branding Action Plan Business & Marketing CourseworkDescription: You are your own brand just like Nike or Adidas, and are like no other. What sets you apart? What makes people want to interact with you? do business with you? hire you? Personal Branding is vital in today’s business environment where it’s critical to craft and establish your brand in order...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Coursework |