Facebook Inc.'s Deals with Whatsapp (Coursework Sample)
Hightlight (bullet points) 2-3 reasons why/why not this deal makes sense for Facebook Inc. Hightlight 2-3 potential challenges you foresee ex-post the deal. What would you recommend Mark and his team to ensure success of the deal.
Total 4-6 Bullet points and short answers.
Facebook Inc.'s Deals with Whatsapp
Highlight (bullet points) 2-3 reasons why/why not this deal makes sense for Facebook Inc
This deal not making sense because
* WhatsApp's operating margins are very small, and it should not cost $19 billion.
Apparently, very few know WhatApp's operating margins. The indications are that the company turned a profit on its rumored $20 million in revenue. Arguably its single biggest expense is the 30% it pays Apple and Google to distribute its app. There are surely storage and bandwidth costs as its customer base grows. And keeping the software fresh requires some engineering talent.
* The other real problem with the deal is the flawed underlying strategy.
Buying WhatsApp does not solve Facebook's real problems, which involve buildings a bigger audience
- HIM-620: Individual Project Plan - Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC)Description: The project proposal seeks to improve surgical service outcomes and the plan will be actualized when resources are set aside and the scheduling of these resources is part of project planning....4 pages/≈1100 words | 4 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Coursework |
- American Multinational Corporation: Nike’s Problem Description: Identify one research variable from that problem. Describe the methods you would use for collecting a suitable sample of either qualitative or quantitative data for the variable...5 pages/≈1375 words | 8 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Coursework |
- Organizational Culture and ChangeDescription: Suppose you wanted to change your organization’s culture. What sort of resistance would you expect from employees? How would you deal with this resistance? Coursework...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Coursework |