Master Budgeting (Coursework Sample)
Master Budgeting Question – LTA Week 6
Respond to the following questions in approximately 500 words.
The master budget is a detailed and comprehensive analysis of an organization's long- and short-term goals.
- Identify the major inputs to the master budget and the usefulness of each.
- Additionally, why would a company need to create a master budget?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages?
This paper does not have to be in APA format but please double space the paper and include a title page with identifying information.source..
The master budget is the overall quantification of the budgeting plan. The master budget sets the specific targets for production, sales, distribution and financing activities. The budget is a comprehensive layout of the managements' future plans and the means through which these plans are to be accomplished. The master budget, therefore, combines all the budgets of the various departments in an organization CITATION Ass10 l 1033 (Technicians, 2010). Major inputs of a master budget
The master budget is made up of both the production and non-production budgets. Among the production budgets include: Material Budget; Labor Budget; Finished Goods Budget; Sales Budget; and Manufacturing Overhead Budget. Non-production budgets include: selling and distribution budgets; Administration Budgets; Cash Budgets; Research and Development Budget; Budgeted Balance Sheet; and the Budgeted Income Statement.The sales budget gives the budgeted volume of sales mix of the current operations. A sales forecast is prepared first upon which the sales budget is finalized. It shows the expected sales volume and value for the given budget period. Among the factors considered when preparing a sales budget include the actual sales in the previous period, the sales reports from sales executives, market research information and the level of orders already placed in advanced. It is basically the reference of the entire budgeting process CITATION Ass10 l 1033 (Technicians, 2010). Direct materials budget shows an estimated cost and quantities of all the raw materials and other components needed for the output demand as projected by the production and sales budgets. It consists of the Direct Material Usage Budget which quantifies the mater...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Divorce Essays
- Romeo and juliet Essays
- Time management Essays
- Sport Essays
- Buddhism Essays
- Community service Essays
- Hate crime Essays
- Lord of the flies Essays
- Macbeth Essays
- Basketball Essays
- Pearl harbor Essays
- New york city Essays
- Odyssey Essays
- Donald trump Essays
- Gender inequality Essays
- Great depression Essays
- Decision Making Across the OrganizationDescription: Decision Making Across the Organization. BYP18-1 Martinez Company has decided to introduce a new product Accounting Coursework...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Accounting, Finance, SPSS | Coursework |
- Broadening Your Perspective 17-2 CourseworkDescription: Broadening Your Perspective 17-2 (BYP17-2): Activity Based Costingю Complete the exercise in Excel or Word Accounting Coursework...3 pages/≈825 words | 1 Source | APA | Accounting, Finance, SPSS | Coursework |
- Accounting Assignment (MD&A)Description: A ratio analysis of the financial statements for Tootsie Roll Industries Inc., including several types of liquidity, solvency, and profitability ratios and an explanation of each ratio...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Accounting, Finance, SPSS | Coursework |