1 page/≈275 words
Health, Medicine, Nursing
Concerns with Cardiac Medications (Case Study Sample)
I am providing the instructions thru an attachment Concerns_with_Cardiac_Medications.docx Concerns with Cardiac Medications A 72 year old widower living in a community retirement center has been prescribed medications to treat his congestive heart failure. During a routine check-up in the physician/provider's office, the RN discovers he is not taking the beta blocker, metoprolol (Lopressor). When asked why, he answers: “My friends at the senior center told me it will decrease my libido or sex drive and may make me impotent. I just started dating a woman and I want to be able to perform when the time comes.” Keeping in mind the principles of teaching, how would you approach this sensitive issue? What teaching points would you include in your discussion with this gentleman? source..
CONCERNS WITH CARDIAC MEDICATIONS
(January 23, 2012)
Concerns with Cardiac Medication
Faced with a sensitive issue as the one of a 72 old man having a congestive heart failure and not taking the beta blocker due to concerns that it may reduce his libido, I would have to face this sensitive issue by discussing the risks involved and teaching the gentleman on what danger that poses to his life. The patient should understand that congestive heart failure is a condition that impairs the functioning of the heart and leads to pumping of inadequate blood to meet the needs of the body (A.D.A.M. Medical Encyclopedia, ...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to heart of darkness:
- The Great GatsbyDescription: Undergraduate writing level 3 pages Literature and Language Format Style English (U.S.) Book Review. The Great Gatsby...3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Book Review |
- Religion and Democracy - Karl MarxDescription: Social Sciences Essay: Religion and Democracy - Karl Marx...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | Other | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Heart Diseases in AmericaDescription: Social Sciences Essay: Heart Diseases in America...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |