Standard Supply and Demand Diagram Mathematics & Economics Case Study (Case Study Sample)
You work as a stock analyst. You specialize in analizing markets for "high end" manufactured products. The President has recommended that Congress impose a tax of $20,000 on every person who purchases a new yacht. He argues that rich people who can afford to purchase yachts (they cost around $2,000,000 each) should pay higher taxes. The money raised would be used to provide additional benefits to returning war veterans.
You are writing a research report on the firms that manufacture yachts. You want to include a statement in the report about whether you think the proposal is likely to pass Congress and become law. You have analized the proposal and the voting records of members of Congress. You have decided that the proposal will not obtain enough votes to pass Congress, unless the major labor unions representing employees in this industry support it. You know that many of the yacht-producing firms hire veterans who could benefit from the programs funded by the tax.
1. Draw a standard supply and demand diagram depicting the market for yachts prior to the tax.
2. Analyze the effects of Imposing a $25,000 per yacht tax on consumers (on a qualitative basis).
3. Based om this analysis, do you think that the labor unions will support the proposed tax? Explain. What does it depend on?
Standard supply and demand diagram on the market for yachts before
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to modest proposal:
- The Increasing Popularity of Mahraganat Songs in EgyptDescription: Mahraganat is a relatively new music genre in Egypt with strange lyrics from Western and Arabic music. The genre is characterized by its unique style of rap and advocacy for slum dwellers. Most of the videos of the genre have been shot in slum areas. The main themes of the genre include addressing social...1 page/≈275 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Essay 4. Choosing the Topic. Literature & Language EssayDescription: I chose the topic of artificial sweeteners because it is something I have been interested in for some time. While I was in high school, I watched Supersize Me, a documentary about the adverse effects of both sugars and fats....3 pages/≈825 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Hardware, Software and Network Requirements. Research ProposalDescription: The internal business infrastructure can be developed by choosing the right kinds of hardware and software. It’s safe to say that both hardware and software are the heart of this infrastructure, meaning the business cannot grow without their appropriate use....2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Research Proposal |