The New York Times Bestseller Moneyball (Case Study Sample)
The New York Times bestseller Moneyball
As you watch this movie, consider the following questions:
1. Who is resisting this change and why?
2. What behaviors are used to demonstrate that resistance?
3. What role do emotions play, on both sides of this argument?
4. What tactics and behaviors do Billy Beane and Peter Brand use to overcome resistance to their new approach?
5. What lessons can you take from this experience concerning the nature of resistance and methods for overcoming resistance to change?source..
Who is resisting the change in Moneyball and why?
I am not a baseball fan, but after reading Moneyball a few days ago, it felt like I got slapped in the face with a marvelous example of how numerous companies are struggling with organizational change. When I began reading the entire book, I got to know that Beane resists changes in it because he feels that he cannot compete properly if he and his team depend on traditional methods of assigning values to players. Despite all the criticism, Beane decides to implement a unique strategy based on the emerging science of sabermetrics.
What behaviors are used to demonstrate that resistance?
It's not easy for Beane to carry on his work as he receives criticism from both his family and seniors. He also faces resistance from a couple of friends, scouts, and the field manager who are unhappy and secretly working against Beane
- Research BMW Mission, Vision, Objectives, and StrategiesDescription: Company manufactures luxury vehicles, motorcycles, sport cars, and engines. Founded in the year 1916 by Franz Josef Popp, Karl Papp and Camillo Castiliglioni...16 pages/≈4400 words | No Sources | APA | Management | Case Study |
- Antitrust Law in Healthcare, Sherman Act, Federal Trade Commission Description: Provide a summary of antitrust laws and discuss their application to healthcare organizations. Using the following site: Bureau of Competition, identify one case involving a healthcare organization and provide a summary...3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Management | Case Study |
- The New West Company: Scalable BusinessDescription: If New West wants to create a sustainable and scalable business, they would have to understand how difficult it is to develop emotional connections with clients and build brand equity....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Management | Case Study |