The New York Times Bestseller Moneyball (Case Study Sample)
The New York Times bestseller Moneyball
As you watch this movie, consider the following questions:
1. Who is resisting this change and why?
2. What behaviors are used to demonstrate that resistance?
3. What role do emotions play, on both sides of this argument?
4. What tactics and behaviors do Billy Beane and Peter Brand use to overcome resistance to their new approach?
5. What lessons can you take from this experience concerning the nature of resistance and methods for overcoming resistance to change?source..
Who is resisting the change in Moneyball and why?
I am not a baseball fan, but after reading Moneyball a few days ago, it felt like I got slapped in the face with a marvelous example of how numerous companies are struggling with organizational change. When I began reading the entire book, I got to know that Beane resists changes in it because he feels that he cannot compete properly if he and his team depend on traditional methods of assigning values to players. Despite all the criticism, Beane decides to implement a unique strategy based on the emerging science of sabermetrics.
What behaviors are used to demonstrate that resistance?
It's not easy for Beane to carry on his work as he receives criticism from both his family and seniors. He also faces resistance from a couple of friends, scouts, and the field manager who are unhappy and secretly working against Beane
- Strategic Audit Assignment: External Environment among the Established Companies (Adidas and. . .Description: Intense rivalry among the established companies. The industry is dominated by large firms like Adidas and Nike which have a bigger share of the market...3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | APA | Management | Case Study |
- Case Study Assignment with 3 Finding Of Fact: DeltaDescription: The unpredictability of the fuel prices that can either soar higher or plummet while posing significant impacts on the company’s operating cost....5 pages/≈1375 words | No Sources | APA | Management | Case Study |
- MGMT 5342: Organizational Power and Politics in LeadershipDescription: Leadership represents a complex, dynamic phenomenon where one or more leaders engage with two to more followers in situations that continually evolve...6 pages/≈1650 words | 5 Sources | APA | Management | Case Study |