Develop An Argument Based On Case Study: ASCPA and NCC (Case Study Sample)
Develop an argument based on Case Study
1. How would you state this controversy in propositional form? Is your proposition one of fact, value, definition, or policy?
2. Are you for or against the proposition?
3. What evidence would you offer for your position? Where would you look for more information to support your claim?
4. What logic would you use to support your claim?
5. What evidence and logic might the other side use? What objections might they raise to your position?
6. What might be some faulty evidence and reasoning in your argument? In the argument of the other party?
Should poultry companies abandon faster-growing birds for slower growing breeds? This proposition is of value not only to the consumers who require and depend heavily on these birds as a source of food, but also to the companies which rely on these birds to generate income. Analyzing the case study and the fronted arguments from both ASCPA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) and NCC (National Chicken Council), I take a different stance from the proposition; which calls for the companies to sell slower growing breeds and abandon faster-growing ones. The prime reason for opposing this idea is because of the ever-growing demand for poultry products in the market. Evidence for opposing this idea is our ever-increasing population. Increase in population reciprocates increase in demand for chicken as the source of food. With the rise in demand, poultry companies have to embr
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to animal cruelty:
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep Book ReportDescription: Examine how a theme manifests in Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep. Use examples from the text to prove to us the theme exists. Explain what you think the author intends or what we might learn from the theme. Why is it there?...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | Other | Communications & Media | Book Report |
- Social Connections: Fantasy vs. Reality Writing AssignmentDescription: We could take Turkle's question as our own:"what are the purposes of living things"? What is at stake for Turtle in the difference between real and robotic turtles? ...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Is It Better For Animals To Not Be Kept In ZoosDescription: The debate of either to keep animals in a zoo or let them wander in the natural habitat is a controversial issue. Notably, all the animals we see in zoos are wild animals....3 pages/≈825 words | 50 Sources | Other | Communications & Media | Essay |