NRS410 VR Nursing Case: Identification Anemia Classification Rationale (Case Study Sample)
Please do not limit by word count. Use as many words as 2 pages will allow
- Please double space
- Identification of anemia classification and rationale (based on the Case Study)
- Explanation of patient diagnosis with rationale from the case findings
- Attachments: Case Study, Assignment page, Rubric
- These are 2 reference sites provided by the instructor
Iron Deficiency Anemia
Iron Deficiency Anemia
Based on the diagnosis and clinical findings especially on the shortness of breath, tachycardia, lack of energy and the hemoglobin of 8 g/dl and hematocrit (HCT) of 32% among others indicates that Mrs. A is suffering from iron deficiency anemia. Iron deficiency anemia usually occurs due to inadequate iron in the body (Cafasso & Nall, 2017). The iron in the body aids in the formation of hemoglobin a red blood cell pigment that helps in transportation of oxygen in the body. The presence of enough iron in the body enables the body to develop enough red blood cells that help in the transportation of oxygen. However, the absence of iron results to iron deficiency hence anemia (Cafasso & Nall, 2017).
Researchers note that iron deficiency anemia results due to low iron levels in the body due to heavy menstrual bleeding, eating foods with no iron nutrients. Besides, it occurs due to internal bleeding due to ulcers, cancer or hemorrhoids such as peptic ulcers and gastrointestinal bleeding. Furthermore, such bleedings happen due to regular use of aspirin. Therefore, the blood loss depletes iron within the red blood cells. Also, people with celiac diseases and stomach surgeries experience iron deficiency anemia (Cafasso & Nall, 2017).
- Discussing End-of-Life Care Nursing Case AssignmentDescription: Mrs. Sloan, a 69-year-old widow, is about to enter the hospital for an elective cholecystectomy; she is being medically cleared by her primary care provider...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Case Study |
- Aging Description: Aging Case Study...3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Case Study |
- Health and MedicineDescription: Health and Medicine (Case Study)...5 pages/≈1375 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Case Study |