Debbie's Dilemma (Case Study Sample)
Human Resources: Debbie's Dilemma
For this assignment, review the Debbie's Dilemma case study and complete the interactive module in Section 12.4 of your course text. Then, thoroughly address the following points in your paper:
•Use Herzberg’s two factor theory to explain Debbie’s level of motivation.
•Use Adams’ equity theory to explain Debbie’s decision to look for work elsewhere.
•Use Vroom’s expectancy theory to explain this situation.
•If you were advising the three physicians in the organization, what would you tell them they should have done when confronted by the two LPNs? Defend your advice.
Your assignment must be one to two pages in length (excluding title and reference pages). Utilize your course textbook and at least one additional scholarly source to support your conclusions and responses to the questions. Your paper and all sources must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Debbie's Dilemma: theories of motivation
Herzberg's two factor theory
The two-factor theory supposes that there are factors which motivate workers (motivator), while others de-motivate them (hygiene factors). Motivators are mostly related to the job achievement, responsibility recognition, growth and advancement (Baack & Fischer). The hygiene factors influencing Debbie are salary and status, and this is likely to strain Debbie's relationship with the other nurses who get higher pay than their counterparts in other hospitals.Adams' equity theory
Adams' equity theory supposes that an employee's inputs needs to be fairly balanced with the outputs, as this results in a productive relationship with e...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- Marijuana Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to ethical dilemma:
- Ethical DilemmaDescription: Technology has helped improve all facets of life. From communication, health, to even conception, science has provided a solution...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Mastery of the Process of ThinkingDescription: Select a problem, ethical dilemma, or situation you recently faced or one in the past that required you to problem solve after much reflection....1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Creative Writing | Essay |
- Ethical DilemmaDescription: Current trends in science and technology continue to elude sharp criticism considering they go against societal ethics....1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |