How Is Wal-Mart Able To Keep Track Of Its Inventory? (Case Study Sample)
Is Wal-Mart Good for America?
(Documentary can also be found by searching the PBS website.)
Answer the following questions.（main)
1.How is Walmart able to keep track of its inventory? Why is
2.What effects has this inventory system had on producers?
3.What 2 powerful forces converged in the 90s that Walmart took advantage of? How did they take advantage of them? How has this changed the retailing business?
4.What factors most contributed to the decline of Rubbermaid from 1994 to 2004?
5.What is an opening price point? How does it influence sales?
6.How exactly has Walmart kept its prices so low?
7.In 1994, President Clinton said that new trade agreements would create a market for American products in China. What happened after opening trade with China?
8.Describe in your own words what is happening to American retailers and American trade with China and how Walmart has impacted this dynamic.
9.Compare Rogers to Walmart. List 5 major differences between a domestic company and a multinational company in terms of business practices and impact on the global economy. Explain in detail and cite your sources.
Post your current impression or opinion about Wal-Mart;
how it does business, its impact on the national or global business scene,whether you agree with its business practices.Include an explanation for why you have these opinions about the company.
Wal-Mart Case Study
1. How is Wal-Mart able to keep track of its inventory? Why is this important?
At Wal-Mart stores, they can keep track of inventory by using a very clever gadget known as Telson. Once the device scans the bar code, it can keep all the information about the various products. Keeping inventory is important because the store can keep accurate records of what was sold, at what time it was sold, the prices of each product and be able to tell which products sell the most.
2. What effects has this inventory system had on producers?
The inventory system used at Wal- Mart is fast and therefore makes orders within a very short time. To the producers, this may not be an advantage because they at times may not be able to meet the high demands of the orders made on a daily basis.
3. What two powerful forces converged in the 90s that Wal-Mart took advantage of? How did they benefit from them? How has this changed the retailing business?
The two powers that converged during the 90s were the United States and China. Wal-Mart took advantage of the good relationship between the two powers for business related reasons (Hausman & Leibtag 2007). Wal-Mart gets most of the products that they sell from China at the most competitive prices in the market and enables the store to sell all the goods available at prices which are lower passing on the savings to their clients. As a result retailing is very profitable for large companies which are in business.
4. What factors most contributed to the decline of Rubbermaid from 1994 to 2004?
Several factors contributed to the decline of the Rubbermaid one of them being an increase in the cost of production for Rubbermaid products. To sustain the business, they were forced to charge the retailers more. Wal-Mart, on the other hand, was not comfortable with the high prices that have been accused and therefore kept on reducing the amount of Rubbermaid products that they bought and finally the company collapsed.
5. What is an opening price point? How does it influence sales?
An opening price point refers to the lowe...
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- Accounting In Headlines: Read Wall Street Journal ArticleDescription: The sales revenue in 2015 is flat, but there will be an increase in revenue because of the price they give for the 6-pack beer of Elysian...2 pages/≈550 words | 5 Sources | MLA | Accounting, Finance, SPSS | Essay |
- Writing Assignment: Start Own Country (Become A Citizen)Description: When starting a new country, you need land, a good governance system that is an absolute monarchy and citizens....1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Start Own Country (Design Contest) Research AssignmentDescription: I want to start a new country; my only problem is to find land because all the land has been occupied by other countries....1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |