Training (Wilson Learning) (Case Study Sample)
Unit IV Case Study
Video: Training (Wilson Learning)
Instructions: Read the video case in your textbook, titled “Training (Wilson Learning),” then watch the corresponding video in the Unit Study Guide. Answer four of the Discussion Questions on page 251. Be sure to restate each question in your own words before answering in essay format.
Your total assignment response must be at least 400 words in length. You must use at least your textbook to complete this assignment. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations. All references and citations used must be in APA style.
Dessler, G. (2015). Human resource management (14th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education
PearsonMyLab: Wilson Learning: Training
Employee retention, engagement and careers: Training Wilson Learning
How does Wilson Learning's "know, show, do" approach fit with the training processes that this chapter described?
The approach at Wilson learning highlights that training needs to impart knowledge, with the learners being able to utilize such knowledge at the workplace. If learning is inconsistent with the roles and duties of the employees, they will not be able to carry out their duties. Additionally, the learning needs to be applicable to the workplace. Training is geared towards specific jobs, but then there is a need for positive behavioral change even if the employees try out what they have learned. The management provides an enabling environment for employees to try out what they have learned by engaging them, and providing clear guidelines for what is expected from the learning, and application in the workplace.
Explain what specific training tools and processes discussed in this chapter you would use to implement a "know, show, do" training approach
Wilson Learning emphasizes the impact of technology on learning, and the on the –Job –Training (OJT), would achieve the objectives of th...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to learning styles:
- Critical ReadingDescription: K. Michael Hays in the edited article by Denise Scott Brown titled architectural theory since 1968, (1971)...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | Chicago | Visual & Performing Arts | Article Critique |
- Leadership Styles and DevelopmentDescription: Identify and discuss the six trait characteristics in the trait approach to leadership. If one does not have these traits, can he or she still be a leader? ...2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- What Styles mean to the ArchitectDescription: In the Chapter II of In the Cause of Architecture by Frank Lloyd Wright, the definition of style with respect to architecture is described considering the different perspectives and standardizations...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | Chicago | Visual & Performing Arts | Reaction Paper |