2 pages/≈550 words
Business & Marketing
Jones v. Robinson Property Group and Horseshow Casino Hotel (Case Study Sample)
1. Grading of written cases will be based on the quality of organization, clarity of explanations, practicality of recommendations, quality of illustrations and exhibits (if any), grammar, spelling and APA format. REFERENCES: 1. Chapter 6, Employment Law for Business by Dawn D. Bennett-Alexander, Laura P. Hartman, McGraw Hill, 2011, 7th ed. and two others, either publication or websites. 2. Read Case 2, Jones v. Robinson Property Group, L.P, d/b/a Horseshoe Casino & Hotel, 427 F. 3d 987 (5th Cir. 2005) on page 294-295. (attached) 3. Answer all case questions (3) on page 295. Justify your answers by using the text book and other references as guidance for your conclusions. At least 2 outside references are required. source..
JONES vs. ROBINSON PROPERTY GROUP AND HORSESHOW CASINO HOTEL
(January 24, 2013)
Jones v. Robinson Property Group and Horseshow Casino Hotel
The case of Jones vs. Robinson property group and horseshow casino hotel involves an Africa America male celled Jones who lives in the county of Tunica Mississippi. Jones is a certified poker dealer who has the experience in the job having worked in various capacities in world class casinos. The complainant has handled many poker tournaments. According to the stipulated skills of Jones it is clear that he is better than a standard poker dealer in Tunica County (Dickie, McCamey & Chilcote, 2005). The complaint filed by Jones is that he has applied for positions at the Robinson property group that owns the horseshoe casino and on every occasion he has been refused any position in the poker dealer position. Jones applied for the position as early as before the casino was opened and has continuously applied but has been refused the position. In 1995 he applied for the poker floor person and after being denied he filed a complaint to the director of human resources on grounds of racial discrimination (Dawn, et al. 2011).
The complaint was unsatisfactory answered as the manager claimed there was no African qualified as a poker dealer in Tuni...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Mental illness Essays
- Water pollution Essays
- Child labor Essays
- Schizophrenia Essays
- Smoking Essays
- Manifest destiny Essays
- Trifles Essays
- Vietnam war Essays
- Ethics Essays
- Globalization Essays
- Kite runner Essays
- Drugs Essays
- Artificial intelligence Essays
- George washington Essays
- The crucible Essays
- Body image Essays
- The Electrical Contracting IndustryDescription: Business and Marketing: The Electrical Contracting Industry...4 pages/≈1100 words | 4 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Case Study |
- California milk advisory board case (Advertising Class)Description: Undergraduate writing level 2 pages Business and Marketing Format Style English (U.S.) Case Study. California milk advisory board case (Advertising Class)...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Case Study |
- Employment law for businessDescription: Business and Marketing: Employment law for business (Case Study)...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Case Study |