Can Brazil Become Competitive IT Outsourcing (Case Study Sample)
Book: international business 13th edition
Ch 2 pg 59 minicase 3.1 "can Brazil become a global competitor in the information technology outsourcing business"
1. use the theories of international trade and investment that have been presented in this chapter to help explain Brazil intentions and actions regarding the International Information Technology Center.
2. what recommendations would you give to the Brazilian government and its Outsourcing industry in order to improve their prospects for success in building a strong International competitive position in the information Technology Outsourcing business?
Can Brazil Become Competitive IT Outsourcing
Can Brazil become competitive IT outsourcing
With increasing use of information technology products and service, several countries are focusing on the IT sector for off shoring activities. Brazil is among the many countries that are highly rated in terms of advanced technology and communication services (Ball et al., 2012). Brazil has several engineering schools and IT. Brazil is the fifth largest country in the world, with its high population combined with lower operational costs; Brazil is an ideal place for IT investment (Ball et al., 2012).
Unlike other South American countries, Brazil has the best chance to become the leading competitor in information technology market globally due to several positive factors. Brazil IT Sector is growing at a faster rate compared to other countries like China and India (Ball et al., 2012). The IT outsourcing sector is small but offers unique products and services, making it stronger within the global arena. Brazil tries to attract many businesses as it can use this unique IT off shoring business (Ball et al., 2012). The two theories that can explain Brazil intention and action within the technology sector is the Porter diamond model for competitive advantage and the eclectic theory of inte
- Altex Corporation Description: Undergraduate writing level 3 pages Business and Marketing Format Style English (U.S.) Case Study. Altex Corporation ...3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Case Study |
- Global Financial Management & SummaryDescription: The EL AL Israel Airlines Limited is a major airline in Israel, where it provides its customers with chartered and scheduled air travel...4 pages/≈1100 words | 4 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Case Study |
- The Tacoma Narrows Bridge Procurement ContractDescription: The Tacoma project is situated at Gig harbor and the Tacoma Washington. In July 16th, 2002 a design-build contract was signed between The Washington Department of Transportation (WSDOT) and the Tacoma Narrows Constructors (TNC), a joint venture of Bechtel Corporation and Kiewit....3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Case Study |