Well Being Levels At The Point Of The Breakdown Level (Book Review Sample)
1. What is Sen`s central argument? (You should state this clearly in one or two sentences)
2. How did he make the case for his argument? In other words, what justification or evidence did he present to support this argument? (Answer in one paragraph, up to 100 words)
3. Give a concise summary of Sen`s model of cooperative conflicts. (Answer in one paragraph, not exceed to 200 words. You may list some elements of the model in bullet points.)
4. Name on specific policy recommendation that Sen proposed.
Sen's central argument is based on the two problems that affect the project of learning about women in other cultures. The essay centrally focuses on third-world women who suffer from fatal cultural explanations like “death by culture”.
Sen uses a wide range of evidence to support his argument. He clearly presents how border crossing, domestic violence, cross cultural understanding and domestic violence affect Americans in understanding the culture of third-world women. He goes further to give an instance of an internet conversation between an American and an Indian. In the conversation, Americans simply understand dowry-murder as Indian women being burned in cooking oil fires every day. More so, Sen outlines “decontextualized information” and poor welfare standards as part of his evidence. He also talks about the 1974 report on Indian women that does not highlight rape as a case with wom
- Well Being Levels At The Point Of The Breakdown LevelDescription: How did he make the case for his argument? In other words, what justification or evidence did he present to support this argument? (Answer in one paragraph, up to 100 words) ...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Mathematics & Economics | Book Review |