In Search of the Promised Land. History Book Review (Book Review Sample)
The book name is: In search of the Promised Land the 6th edition, By FRANKLIN
In the introductory paragraph you will discuss:
1. What was the author’s thesis of the book? Did he argue it persuasively?
In the first body paragraph you will discuss:
2. What types of sources did the author use to construct the narrative?
In the rest of the body paragraphs discuss at least three of the following topics:
3. Discuss the benefits that mixed race slaves had over those who were not.
4. How did the Civil War change the fortunes of the individuals in the book?
5. Discuss an event in the book that changed your ideas about the lives of slaves in the United States.
6. Describe how blacks were treated differently in the North and the South.
7. Discuss how slaves navigated society without rights. How did they find ways to be human beings in a society that considered them property?
Each paragraph should include a topic/thesis sentence and the other sentences should support the introductory sentence. The last sentence should serve as some transition into the next paragraph.
Name of Student;
Date of Submission;
In Search of the Promised Land.
The thesis of the book “In Search of Promised Land" revolves around slavery. The book explains how African-Americans were treated like slaves. This slavery took place during the Civil Wars in the US. The black Americans were mistreated and enslaved based on racism. Franklin argues persuasively since the main topic talked about searching for a Promised Land so that black Americans could be freed from this slavery. However, Franklin experienced various challenges when gathering the information that he would use to write his book 'In Search of the Promised Land.'
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to civil war:
- Gettysburg: Am American Noh, performed by Theatre Nohgaku. Arts EssayDescription: “Gettysburg: Am American Noh,” performed by Theatre Nohgaku is performed integrating English and Japanese traditional performances. Confederate General Lewis Armistead is the main character in the story and an Afghan veteran who is a descendant of Union General Winfield Hancock and veteran comes to find out...1 page/≈550 words | 5 Sources | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |
- Effect of Hard Brexit to UK and Irish Economy. Research PaperDescription: The European nation (EU) is a political union of a total of 28 countries primarily in Europe. It is also an economic union that has so far developed an international single market by standardizing a system of law that all the member states apply. These laws must be agreed upon and voted by all members....4 pages/≈1100 words | 10 Sources | MLA | Business & Marketing | Research Paper |
- Analysis of the American Noh Play, GettysburgDescription: The story of Gettysburg is about a veteran of the Afghanistan war who is a descendant of General Winfield Hancock and who travels to Gettysburg battlefields to look for the place where the Lewis Armistead, a Confederate General, fell....2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |