The Presence Of A Balanced Society: Comte Lit Article (Book Review Sample)
please read the article and answer the 5 questions below as the requirement said
ps: don't copy the questions
You should be thorough for some but for #1, it's okay if it's brief. Textual evidence is not required for all, but for #2 and #5, the text would be helpful.
1. What is the significance of the dog? How does it fit in with the stories?
2. Compare and contrast Jelly and Ciz. Analyze the descriptions of these characters. Why do they do certain things? How does the time period/their circumstances play a role? You may wish to analyze the settings of both stories and how the main characters' actions are dictated by the time period/setting/circumstances/people around them.
3. Why did the author choose to write the story in this way? Why does the story end the way it does? What is her purpose for doing so?
4. Analyze the names of the characters. Why are their names significant?
5. How does the temperature play a role in the action of the story? Think about how the characters feel at these moments as well.
Comte Lit Articale
Comte Lit Articale
1 The dog presence shows the presence of a “balanced” society. There are many parallels between Ciz and Jelly's interactions with the dog. However, people can use animals such as dogs to learn how to get along with other people. Taken that way, this passage serves as Jerry's statement of purpose. People need to be "understood" and having a dog in the story would offer the human characters like Jelly and Ciz an opportunity to use them as extreme methods to achieve an understanding at the end.
2 Both Jelly and Ciz are accused wrongly. However, their consequences are different. Ciz is a woman concerned about a lynching in years past. However, Jelly is a woman hired to take care of two elderly siblings in the modern America. Jelly is a loving woman who takes care of elder client and Ciz
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- Research And Describe How Can Art Be A Tool For Social ChangeDescription: What is the purpose of art? What is the difference between how Ma and Effective Altruists understand social change? How can those two opposing viewpoints overlap?...4 pages/≈1100 words | 4 Sources | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- WRA 101 Autumn 2017 Cultural Artifacts Assignment PaperDescription: Your job is to select a set of cultural artifacts that share a common theme and use the critical concepts we have discussed to discern what those artifacts mean and how they mean what they mean...5 pages/≈1375 words | No Sources | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- My Philosophy Paper: Building An Artificial MindDescription: The argument above relies on the assumption that there is mind-body causation. Argue that this assumption is unjustified and provide a theory that accounts for the data...5 pages/≈1375 words | No Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |