Book Reflection: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney by Lee Cockerell (Book Report Sample)
Each student must read Creating Magic 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney by Lee Cockerell and write a reflection paper. The paper should include, but is not limited to, the following information:
- Why do you think Disney’s great leader strategies can be used by nearly every industry?
- Why do you think all business problems boil down to leadership problems?
- In your opinion, what is the difference between management and leadership?
- Why do you think culture is so important to a successful brand or business?
There is always a very fine line between leadership and management. Very often, the job of a manager involves barking orders, wanting people to follow commands or instructions. Leaders on the other hand, aims at helping people follow up in what he or she believes in, by leading and showing the way. In essence, through practical demonstration and motivation, a leader is more of a mentor to the people that he or she leads. This is particularly the main message encompassed in Lee Cockerel's Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney. Lee, to a great extent, is very objective and particular with his discussion. I find his interpretations and beliefs of certain aspects to be particularly very deep, reflective, and inspiring.
I agree with the author's belief that inclusivity is one of the major highlights of great leadership. I find it quite true, since outstanding leadership is in most cases, the determinant of an organization's success. This is because the leader is able to be a manager and a leader at the same time (Cockerell, 2008).By being inclusive, a leader appreciates the importance of unity, the importance of everyone's contribution towards the achievement of the set goals. When everyone in an organization is given the chance to be heard, there is an added motivation to work even better, since they know that they are playing an important role in the whole thing. This therefore, gives them a chance to grow as well, in their respective skills and competences (Lowe, 2015).
The strategies highlighted in this book, can be used by virtually every leader, notwithstanding the industry they are in. This is because the business environment is usually more or less the same for any organization. The rules are usually constant, and the challenges faced in either, are almost identical as well. Leaders are therefore bound to be faced with similar circumstances, therefore calling for almost similar solutions. This book offers the various strategies that leaders can utilize therefore, to avoid various challenges throughout their careers (Cockerell, 2008).It helps managers steer clear of...
- Rich Dad Poor DadDescription: Rich dad poor dad is a novel about how one can realize monetary success in life by engaging in gainful business activities...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Book Report |
- Book Reflection: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney by Lee Cockerel. . .Description: Why do you think Disney’s great leader strategies can be used by nearly every industry? Why do you think all business problems boil down to leadership problems?...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Book Report |
- Analysis of a Character Francisco "True Notebooks"Description: Throughout his book Mark Salzmann give us a better perspective of how the juvenile system works; he describes Francisco not as a high-risk juvenile offender, but as an individual who finds himself trapped in a corrupt environment with no role model to learn from....3 pages/≈825 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Book Report |