Book Reflection: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney by Lee Cockerell (Book Report Sample)
Each student must read Creating Magic 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney by Lee Cockerell and write a reflection paper. The paper should include, but is not limited to, the following information:
- Why do you think Disney’s great leader strategies can be used by nearly every industry?
- Why do you think all business problems boil down to leadership problems?
- In your opinion, what is the difference between management and leadership?
- Why do you think culture is so important to a successful brand or business?
There is always a very fine line between leadership and management. Very often, the job of a manager involves barking orders, wanting people to follow commands or instructions. Leaders on the other hand, aims at helping people follow up in what he or she believes in, by leading and showing the way. In essence, through practical demonstration and motivation, a leader is more of a mentor to the people that he or she leads. This is particularly the main message encompassed in Lee Cockerelâ€™s Creating Magic: 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney. Lee, to a great extent, is very objective and particular with his discussion. I find his interpretations and beliefs of certain aspects to be particularly very deep, reflective, and inspiring.
I agree with the authorâ€™s belief that inclusivity is one of the major highlights of great leadership. I find it quite true, since outstanding leadership is in most cases, the determinant of an organizationâ€™s success. This is because the leader is able to be a manager and a leader at the same time (Cockerell, 2008).By being inclusive, a leader appreciates the importance of unity, the importance of everyoneâ€™s contribution towards the achievement of the set goals. When everyone in an organization is given the chance to be heard, there is an added motivation to work even better, since they know that they are playing an important role in the whole thing. This therefore, gives them a chance to grow as well, in their respective skills and competences (Lowe, 2015).
The strategies highlighted in this book, can be used by virtually every leader, notwithstanding the industry they are in. This is because the business environment is usually more or less the same for any organization. The rules are usually constant, and the challenges faced in either, are almost identical as well. Leaders are therefore bound to be faced with similar circumstances, therefore calling for almost similar solutions. This book offers the various strategies that leaders can utilize therefore, to avoid various challenges throughout their careers (Cockerell, 2008).It helps managers steer clear of...
- Book Report Wriging Assignment: A Walk To The JettyDescription: A Walk to the Jetty by Jamaica Kincaid is a fictional story that details the life of Annie John, a teenage girl from Antigua who is being sent to England to go study....2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Book Report |
- Rich Dad Poor DadDescription: Rich dad poor dad is a novel about how one can realize monetary success in life by engaging in gainful business activities...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Book Report |
- summary of chapters 5 and 6Description: summary of chapters 5 and 6 Literature & Language Book Report...2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Book Report |