Article Published in a Psychology Journal. Psychology Article (Article Sample)
to apply psychological research to understand real world problems. You are asked to locate and read two articles:
1. an article from the popular press describing a current issue or event that is related to the material covered in the course. (psychology 1010)
2. a research study report on that same topic from a peer-reviewed psychology journal.
Finally, you are asked to consider how the results of the research study relate to the current issue/event from the everyday press.
1. Find a recent article (published within last three months) describing a real world issue/current event in popular press that you can relate to psychological concept, topic, or a theory covered in the course (do not use a report of a study or a summary of studies in psychology).
2.Read the article and identify 3-5 relevant psychological concept(s)/theories that relate to the issue/event.
Examples of psychological concepts: obedience, operant conditioning, biological drives, nature-nurture, attachment, stress and coping, etc.
Locate a recent (2013-19) empirical research article (either correlational or experimental design) from a peer-reviewed psychology journal that relates to the same psychological concept and to the issue/current event identified in part one. It is important to select a ‘research article’ describing a study done by the authors (hint: look for the ‘method’ and ‘results’ sections) NOT a review article NOR a meta-analytical article.
3.Read the research study and think about how the results may relate to the current issue/event
4. Write a 5 double-spaced page paper that addresses the following points:
In one paragraph summarize the real-world issue/current event selected in part one. Submit the article describing the current issue. ()
Clearly describe the psychological concept(s) or theory that is related to the selected issue/current event. Incorporate plenty of terms from your textbook to demonstrate your understanding. 2-3 pages (6 points)
Locate the research article relevant to the concept/theory and to your selected current issue/event. Your paper needs to relate to at least one of the concepts identified in point 2 (however, it could relate to more than one of those concepts). In a brief paragraph describe your search strategy (which search engine? keywords? how did you retrieve the article?). Maximum ½ page.
See Psychology Research Guide on information about searching for the peer-reviewed articles.
To search for the article, use one of the online academic search engines like PsychInfo, Web of Science or PubMed.
Summarize the recent research article related to the current event/issue. Describe what the study was investigating (what was the research question? hypotheses?), what kind of research design was used (e.g. correlational, experimental)? Identify the variables (dependent, independent?) and describe the findings (what were the results and how do they relate to the hypotheses?). 1-2 pages (6 points)
Describe how the results of the research article may relate to the real-world issue/current event. E.g. can the results of the study be used to explain the current issue/event? Or do the results suggest how to deal with the issue, or how to prevent it in the future? 1-2 pages ()
Check grammar, spelling, and organization of the paper. Use short paragraph format.
This is not a formal APA submission. However, when using other sources, you need to cite them in APA style.
Include the full reference of the research article (author, year, title, journal name, volume, pages) using APA style. ()
Article Published in a Psychological Journal
Article Published in a Psychological Journal
For over a long time the issue of violence has been witnessed in almost all parts of the world. The violence usually takes many forms such as the abuse of children, hate crimes, sexual abuse, domestic violence, and homicides, just to mention a few. Ideally, many nations in the world are yet to find the best ways to tackle the problem because a majority only opts to keep the perpetrators in prisons without giving much attention to the survivors. Accordingly, the increase in violence has led to mass incarcerations in places such as in the United States, a move that is believed to do little in terms of reducing the rates of the crime.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- History of Air Defense ArtilleryDescription: This article looks into the detailed history of air defense artillery while identifying the key events that have taken place within it....4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | MLA | History | Essay |
- PART C: Community Assessment and AnalysisDescription: Describe how the theory explains the conditions or circumstances of the community and/or perhaps the decisions or changes that the community is implementing. Be sure to give concrete examples to illustrate your points....1 page/≈275 words | 4 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Sculptor Tony Smith Visual & Performing Arts Research PaperDescription: The three body paragraphs should be 1st compare tony smith’s sculpture and painting, one is more angled the other one is more round. 2nd compared sculptor Antony gormley and tony smith. ...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Research Paper |