Validation Article Review and Analysis (Article Sample)
PLEASE ENSURE TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS
In this course, you have learned methods for statistically manipulating research data and explored the importance of ensuring validity in the methods that are used to collect research data. Consider the various aspects of validity you have explored. How might you prioritize their importance?
Review the article "Validation Guidelines for IS Positivist Research," by Straub, Boudreau, & Gefen and focus your analysis on each of the following guiding questions. You should address each set of questions in a short paragraph. Be sure to refer directly to the article where appropriate.
• Briefly describe the types of validity presented. What are the critical differences among them? Assess the authors' performance in explaining them.
• Based on Table 8 on page 415 in the article by Straub, Boudreau, & Gefen, which positivist design contingency best describes the previous article for this course? Which best describes your potential Doctoral Study? Explain your selections.
Validation of the research instruments is a crucial element as it affects the data collected. In return if the instruments are compromised in any way, the data is also compromised which also extends to the interpretation and the recommendation (Straub, Boudreau & Gefen, 2004). This aspect affects the very pivotal point of the profession relative to the scientific basis and the integrity of the same. Validities are therefore a subtle element in research, as they provide the foundation for integrity of the data and the observations in information systems research (Boudreau, Gefen & Straub, 2001).
One of the validities that is highlighted in the article by Straub, Boudreau, & Gefen is one referred to as content validity. This is a validity that relates to the representation of the data collected relative to the means used to measure the content within a given construct. The article further deliberates on the construct validity, which relates to selected instrument items for a given con...
- Employee RecruitingDescription: Employee Recruiting. Draft a job description Business and Marketing Article...1 page/≈275 words| 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Article |
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX Act)Description: Following the stipulations of the surbanes-oxley Act of 2002 (Sox Act), there have been myriad impacts in businesses today...2 pages/≈550 words| 3 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Article |
- Discussion QuestionDescription: Master writing level 2 pages Business and Marketing Format Style English (U.S.) Article. Discussion Question Hexagon of Excellence...2 pages/≈550 words| 3 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Article |