Postpartum Depression Health, Medicine, Nursing Article Critique (Article Critique Sample)
Please use only the article that is upload.
This project is in two parts,
The first part is a consensus summary of the article. The full-text article is uploaded.
So you just need to put together a summary of this study, and it does not need to be APA format.
The second part is the key points from the consensus summary, and then address each of the 3 appraisal questions, which are:
1) Are the results valid/trustworthy and credible?
2) What are the results of the study?
3) Will the results help me in caring for my patients?
You do not have to reinvent the wheel here.
Many women after child birth are often faced with a myriad of challenges including postpartum depression. The complexity of child birth usually results in mood and psychiatric disorders. According to Sword and others in the article “postpartum depression is any depressive disorder without psychotic features present within the first 12 months after child birth” (Sword et al., 2008). It is characterized by the new mother having a negative attitude towards the infant, partner, close family and friends. They become secluded and withdrawn to matters that appealed to them previously and therefore lose much of their social lives. Postpartum depression impairs not only social but also physical functioning leading to separation and divorce. The mothers also tend to have difficulties in attending to their infants resulting in neglect and reduced responsiveness to the infants needs on important matters such as breastfeeding (Sword et al., 2008).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- David Meets Goliath – Negotiating with Wal-Mart Business EssayDescription: When negotiating with Wal-Mart the first thing that must be considered is that while our family farm’s milk is one supplier, Wal-Mart has a lot of other suppliers that could fill the same demand for this specific commodity. In line with this, it could be seen that Wal-Mart could exist...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Film Music after 1950 Visual & Performing Arts EssayDescription: The use of musical soundtracks in film is not a new concept in history. Historically, humans have used music in almost every aspect of their lives, implying that introduction of music to the film industry was not a new aspect. However, the use of musical soundtracks has been used in different styles ...11 pages/≈3025 words | 10 Sources | Harvard | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |
- Organizational Chart Business & Marketing CourseworkDescription: An organizational chart provides an overview of the structures of the firm as well as the ranks and relationships of different positions. It also defines relationship of managers, supervisors and other departmental heads and thus enables employees to understand where to report to. A new-entrant air carrier...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Coursework |