Article Analysis Of Challenging Columbus (Article Critique Sample)
History Common Assignment
ARTICLE ANALYSIS INSTRUCTIONS
Select an article/monograph pertaining to the historical period covered in this course
I. Preparation of Article Analysis:
1. Thesis – Explain the topic of the article as well as the author's main argument or focus.
2. Evidence - Analyze the evidence that the author uses to support his/her thesis. Does the evidence support his/her thesis? (Please identify any primary sources used.) What qualifications does the author have that make him/her qualified to write on the subject?
3. Conclusion – Provide comments and/or criticisms of the work. Read and comment on one or two contrary perspectives on the topic (one must be primary.) How does this issue affect your world today and does is change your outlook in any way or push you toward any action?
1. Typewritten, Double-Spaced on Letter-size (8 1/2" x 11") Plain White Paper. Font Size must be Times New Roman 12 point
2. Length -300 words
“Challenging Columbus” by Bryan Brown discusses the deliberations being made by Americans to change the Columbus Day that is celebrated on the second Tuesday of October to Indigenous Peoples Day CITATION Bry17 \l 1033 (Brown). He insinuates that the day holds controversy to its celebration. To many Americans, the day is a reminder of crimes committed to Americans in historic times and never of a foreigner (Christopher Columbus) claiming to discover a place with millions of residents therein.
The author illustrates a dilemma that exists concerning the Columbus Day. According to him, a divided view on the relevance of the Day to Americans exist. On one hand, others support the Columbus Day. Others oppose it by holding Indigenous Peoples Day celebrations like Dakota, Alaska, and more than 30 other cities. Through historians' view and re
- Article Analysis Of Challenging Columbus Description: The author illustrates a dilemma that exists concerning the Columbus Day. According to him, a divided view on the relevance of the Day to Americans exist. On one hand, others support the Columbus Day....1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | MLA | History | Article Critique |
- The historical projectDescription: History Article Critique: The historical project...3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | MLA | History | Article Critique |