Peers Review Assignment: Papers Written by Your Classmates (Article Critique Sample)
Read the draft papers written by your classmates. You are being asked to act as an interested reader and respond to the draft as a reader.
You will want to think about the following question: How can I provide quality feedback that will help my peer when he/she is making revisions?
Complete the attached peer review form for each.
readers will review class content, as well as strengthen vital writing and close reading skills. Writers will recognize that good writing communicates effectively with diverse readers.
To remember while viewing:
Note: The least helpful comment to receive from a peer reviewer is "It looks good to me."
* First attend to Higher Order Concerns: thesis, audience, purpose, organization, development (support)
* Then attend to Lower Order Concerns: sentence structure, punctuation, word choice, spelling
* Make comments in spirit of helpfulness. Take comments in spirit of helpfulness.
52895551308000Writer: Daniel Ries
What does the writer do well in this assignment? (List one or more aspects.) Also, please write the writer's main claim or focus (thesis) according to what you have read. (It may not be the last sentence of the first paragraph - the traditional place for the thesis.)
Reading through the article it is clear that the writer, puts down the main topic supports them with vivid ideas from their life experiences. It is easy for the readers to easily connect with ideas relative to the fact that they are personalized. It is also easy for the readers to reflect on the content upon their own lives. The main claim in the article is that, persons that are working and with busy lifestyles can also take advantage of online classes to further their academics.
Ask clarifying questions
- Article Critique About 'The Child's Story' By Charles DickensDescription: Undergraduate Article Critique: Article Critique About 'The Child's Story' By Charles Dickens...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Article Critique |
- CritiqueDescription: Master's level Literature and Language Article Critique: Critique...6 pages/≈1650 words | 18 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Article Critique |
- Risk Analysis Reveals Global Hotspots For Marine Debris Ingestion By Sea TurtlesDescription: For the indicated section above, give an example of the way in which you would reference an idea presented in that section of the paper...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Article Critique |