Peers Review Assignment: Papers Written by Your Classmates (Article Critique Sample)
Read the draft papers written by your classmates. You are being asked to act as an interested reader and respond to the draft as a reader.
You will want to think about the following question: How can I provide quality feedback that will help my peer when he/she is making revisions?
Complete the attached peer review form for each.
readers will review class content, as well as strengthen vital writing and close reading skills. Writers will recognize that good writing communicates effectively with diverse readers.
To remember while viewing:
Note: The least helpful comment to receive from a peer reviewer is "It looks good to me."
* First attend to Higher Order Concerns: thesis, audience, purpose, organization, development (support)
* Then attend to Lower Order Concerns: sentence structure, punctuation, word choice, spelling
* Make comments in spirit of helpfulness. Take comments in spirit of helpfulness.
52895551308000Writer: Daniel Ries
What does the writer do well in this assignment? (List one or more aspects.) Also, please write the writer's main claim or focus (thesis) according to what you have read. (It may not be the last sentence of the first paragraph - the traditional place for the thesis.)
Reading through the article it is clear that the writer, puts down the main topic supports them with vivid ideas from their life experiences. It is easy for the readers to easily connect with ideas relative to the fact that they are personalized. It is also easy for the readers to reflect on the content upon their own lives. The main claim in the article is that, persons that are working and with busy lifestyles can also take advantage of online classes to further their academics.
Ask clarifying questions
- Short Story "Old West" Analysis Article CritiqueDescription: The paper provides an analysis of the short story “old west” authored by Richard Bausch. Richard has mastered the art of writing, which is evident throughout the book...4 pages/≈1100 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Article Critique |
- Influence of Participation in Sports on EducationDescription: There is relationship that exists between performance and participation in sports by high school as well as college students...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Article Critique |
- Leadership Article CritiqueDescription: Offer your own opinion. Explain what you think about the argument. Describe several points with that you agree or disagree with....4 pages/≈1100 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Article Critique |