Original Article: Risk Factors For New Accidental (Article Critique Sample)
Original Article:risk Factors For New Accidental
falls in elderly patients at
traumatology ambulatory center
1. Research problem . . . . . . . . .
2. Review of literature . . . . . . . . .
3. Study framework . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
4. Research objectives, etc.. . . . . . . .
5. Variables . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
6. Design . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
7. Sample, etc. . . . . . . . . . . . .
8. Measurements . . . . . . . . . . . .
9. Data collection . . . . . . . . . . .
10. Data analysis. . . . . . . . . . . . .
11. Interpretation . .
The paper under critique review is Risk Factors for new accidental falls in elderly patients at traumatology ambulatory center, authored by Daiane Porto Gautério, Bruna Zortea, Silvana Sidney Costa Santos, Bárbara da Silva, Tarouco, Manoel José Lopes and Cesar João Fonseca (Gautério et al., 2014). The problem statement is well presented in the paper and comes out clearly what the researchers were trying to achieve with their research. Accidental falls are common with the elderly in hospitals and this paper sets out to establish the risk factors associated with the same.
A look at the literature review reveals to the readers the dangers associated with the accidental falls among the elderly and their dangers to the patients. It is easy to understand what the topic is about and establish the level of significance relative to the safety of the patients and the improvement of the health care facilities across the nation (Queensland Health, 2018). Elderly falls is a crucial topic and one that requires a sustainable solution (Berg & Cassells, 1992). However, there is little quantitative data from other researchers or government agencies to further paint a picture of the problem.
The researchers are keen to establish some of the elements of the theoretical framework to help with the direction of the study (Gautério et al., 2014). Showing what is expected and connecting the researcher to the existing knowledge on the topic. From the framework, the researchers can be seen to have a good understanding of the theories as well as the concepts relevant to the topic.
The research also has a clear objective which relates to identifying the risks that could lead to further accidents from falls. This further sets the direction of the research for readers to better understand the core elements that the research is trying to achieve. It is also important to note that the objectives are rather straight forward and easy to understand for the readers. It is not technical and as such any reader, whether in the field of medicine or otherwise will easily understand what the research is trying to achieve (Gautério et al., 2014).
The variables that are set out in the research are rather easy to establish and even understand how they relate. Ideally the dependent variable in the re
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- Auburn University Report: Vocabulary Of Western Art And Popular MusicDescription: Music Appreciation is a survey course designed to familiarize students with the basic mediums and vocabulary of Western art and popular music. The course will present an overview of musical style periods and will include both instrumental and vocal genres....3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |
- Miwon Kwons Article Titled Exchange Rate Reading RespondDescription: Miwon Kwon's article titled "Exchange rate: On obligation and reciprocity in some art of the 1960s and after. James Baldwin freaks and the American ideal of manhood...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Readings For Journal Entry #3 And Debate, Photography Art Vs IndustryDescription: The goal is to present both sides of the argument as a class, and to provide a point of departure for thinking about how these ideas inform our understanding of contemporary practices....1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | MLA | History | Essay |