Original Article: Risk Factors For New Accidental (Article Critique Sample)
Original Article:risk Factors For New Accidental
falls in elderly patients at
traumatology ambulatory center
1. Research problem . . . . . . . . .
2. Review of literature . . . . . . . . .
3. Study framework . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
4. Research objectives, etc.. . . . . . . .
5. Variables . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
6. Design . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
7. Sample, etc. . . . . . . . . . . . .
8. Measurements . . . . . . . . . . . .
9. Data collection . . . . . . . . . . .
10. Data analysis. . . . . . . . . . . . .
11. Interpretation . .
The paper under critique review is Risk Factors for new accidental falls in elderly patients at traumatology ambulatory center, authored by Daiane Porto Gautério, Bruna Zortea, Silvana Sidney Costa Santos, Bárbara da Silva, Tarouco, Manoel José Lopes and Cesar João Fonseca (Gautério et al., 2014). The problem statement is well presented in the paper and comes out clearly what the researchers were trying to achieve with their research. Accidental falls are common with the elderly in hospitals and this paper sets out to establish the risk factors associated with the same.
A look at the literature review reveals to the readers the dangers associated with the accidental falls among the elderly and their dangers to the patients. It is easy to understand what the topic is about and establish the level of significance relative to the safety of the patients and the improvement of the health care facilities across the nation (Queensland Health, 2018). Elderly falls is a crucial topic and one that requires a sustainable solution (Berg & Cassells, 1992). However, there is little quantitative data from other researchers or government agencies to further paint a picture of the problem.
The researchers are keen to establish some of the elements of the theoretical framework to help with the direction of the study (Gautério et al., 2014). Showing what is expected and connecting the researcher to the existing knowledge on the topic. From the framework, the researchers can be seen to have a good understanding of the theories as well as the concepts relevant to the topic.
The research also has a clear objective which relates to identifying the risks that could lead to further accidents from falls. This further sets the direction of the research for readers to better understand the core elements that the research is trying to achieve. It is also important to note that the objectives are rather straight forward and easy to understand for the readers. It is not technical and as such any reader, whether in the field of medicine or otherwise will easily understand what the research is trying to achieve (Gautério et al., 2014).
The variables that are set out in the research are rather easy to establish and even understand how they relate. Ideally the dependent variable in the re
- 7-1 Peer Review: Statistical Analysis MethodsDescription: What surprises did you find in their drafts of these sections? Were there any parts that were confusing? Give specific examples...1 page/≈275 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Article Critique |
- PICO Analysis of Dementia, Delirium, and DepressionDescription: PICO Analysis of Dementia, Delirium, and Depression Health, Medicine, Nursing Article Critique...4 pages/≈1100 words | 6 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Article Critique |
- Randomized Clinical Trial of Hydrofiber DressingDescription: According to the Willey Online Library (2014), the international wound journal is among the top 20 journals in dermatology with an impact factor of 2.023...5 pages/≈1375 words | 10 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Article Critique |