Explanation of Factors of Mental Health Doctors Responses to Mental Illness (Article Critique Sample)
* Select a scholarly nursing or research article (published within the last five years) related to mental health nursing, which includes content related to evidence based practice.
-Write a brief introduction of the topic and explain why it is important to mental health nursing.
- Cite statistics to support the significance of the topic.
- Summarize the article; include key points or findings of the article.
- Discuss how you could use the information for nursing practice; give specific examples.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of the article.
- Discuss whether you would recommend the article to other colleagues.
- Write a conclusion.
***attach article with the review***
Explanation of factors of mental health doctors responses to mental illness
Negative attitude and stigma surround mental health. The study was informed by the need to understand factors at play concerning doctorâ€™s reaction to people suffering from psychological diseases. Workplaces impact mental doctorâ€™s attitude to people having psychological problems. Understanding factors which affect nurse's attitudes is important as it leads to enhanced patient care and proper understanding of their needs. Comfortably responses among such experts regarding mentally ill people can be designed and shared among other nurses in working place.
The mental health burden continues to be felt within health systems with statistics showing that 30% of the world develop health problems and up to two-thirds of the 30% do not receive any proper medication (Jacob, 2007). Around 9% of the European population experiences mental disorder while the economic cost is estimated to be 38 billion pounds (McDaid, 2008).
Key findings are that workplace condition impacts the mental problems doctorsâ€™ approaches regarding a person suffering from mental disorders (MÃ¥rtensson, Jacobsson, and EngstrÃ¶m, 2014). Additionally, staffs who has or are related to individuals or friends having mental disabilities or whose knowledge is less stigmatized are likely to have positive attitudes towards mentally ill. Moreover, more positive attitudes among staffs to emotional disabilities may be designed and conveyed in subdivisions at workplaces. Whereas creating a contact with mental illness is a decision one...
- Explanation of Factors of Mental Health Doctors Responses to Mental IllnessDescription: Cite statistics to support the significance of the topic. Discuss how you could use the information for nursing practice; give specific examples....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Article Critique |
- NURSING ARTICLE CRITIQUEDescription: Health and Medicine Article Critique: NURSING ARTICLE CRITIQUE...8 pages/≈2200 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Article Critique |
- 7-1 Peer Review: Statistical Analysis MethodsDescription: What surprises did you find in their drafts of these sections? Were there any parts that were confusing? Give specific examples...1 page/≈275 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Article Critique |