The Hippocratic Oath of the Manager (Article Critique Sample)
The aim of reading notes is to help you read critically and actively - to be engaged in the work. You will find this tool essential in graduate school so it is here we begin the habit. The reading notes will be measured using the level-five evaluation criteria and must contain the following:
• Two-page maximum, single space, business block, justified margins, 10-point font
• APA bibliographic citation of the work as your ‘title’
• Your name, course, section number and date at the upper right Content:
• Central theme - identify author’s main lesson/argument - what is the author(s) teaching us
• Critical analysis - evaluate the lesson/argument - strengths/weaknesses -considering pointing to a frame of reference in your own life or your training in the subject
• Main takeaways - so what and now what? How do we best apply the knowledge from this article?
Article Critique: The Hippocratic Oath of the Manager
One of the distinguishing characteristics of various professions is the code of ethics that binds practitioners, ‘the Hippocratic Oath’. In conjunction with this, there is a need to implement similar oaths for business leaders. In his article, Sean Jasso from the school of business and management views the new phenomenon of the Hippocratic oath as an alternative for the newly MBAs graduates. Oath taking in management course happen to be addressed in the same way new medical doctors and lawyers take an oath before commencing their work. In response to this issue, Michael Skapinker perceives taking of the oath by business student...
- Human resource practices in the multinational companyDescription: In the article Edwards et al (2013), highlight on the relevance of the system, societal and dominance effects (SSD) model in explaining the HR practices...3 pages/≈825 words | 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Article Critique |
- Case Study SummaryDescription: Discuss the meaning or implication of the results of the study that the article covers...3 pages/≈825 words | 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Article Critique |
- Strategic OutsourcingDescription: Strategic outsourcing is the process that has been adopted by many companies to get services from service providers other than having in-house departments that carry out these tasks...4 pages/≈1100 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Article Critique |