Discover Sparta and Their Role in the Peloponnesian War (Annotated Bibliography Sample)
Hello i need you to use the same information for the annotated bibliography and powerpoint because they are supposed to be used with one another
Two of these must be PRIMARY SOURCES (sources written/produced during the time period of your topic), and the other must be a scholarly SECONDARY SOURCE
you will write a short paragraph (3-6 sentences) about what kind of source you are citing and how you used it in your presentation.
In addition to the above information, answer the following questions. Be sure to include a proper citation (either from the MLA or Chicago styles) for each source you are examining. Be as detailed and thorough as possible.
- Who wrote the document?
- When and where was it written?
- What type of document is it (For example: Letter to a friend, political decree, religious teaching, autobiography/memoir, etc.)?
- Whose point of view does it reflect?
- What about the document is believable to you, what is not?
- What can the document tell us about the individual and the society that produced it?
- What did you learn from the document?
- Do you have any further questions or interests raised by the document? Anything that you would like to research further?
- How did you use this document/visual source in your paper? What information did it provide?
Sparta and Their Role in the Peloponnesian War
Thucydides. "The Internet Classics Archive | The History Of The Peloponnesian War By Thucydides". Classics.mit.edu. N.p., 2016. Web. 26 Apr. 2016.
< HYPERLINK "http://classics.mit.edu/Thucydides/pelopwar.2.second.html" http://classics.mit.edu/Thucydides/pelopwar.2.second.html>
Book two chapters “The History of the Peloponnesian War,” focuses on the beginning of the War, and the chapter also includes Pericles oration in a funeral highlighting the case for Athenian democracy. This chapter will be used to demonstrate how Thucydides depicted the war pitying Spartans against the Athenians. There was a supremacy battle between Athens and Spartans, who were previously allies when fighting the Persians.
Thucydides an Athenian author wrote about Peloponnesian war as it unfolded where Archidamus, the Spartan leader led his troops to invade Attica in rural Athens while ravaging various other Athenian cities. The book was written in Written 431 B.C.E as a historical record, and he gives his perspective of the war. The text is a memoir documenting Peloponnesian war and the chapter point of view is that Spartans as the aggressors, but this could be an exaggeration since Thucydides was from Athens. The rise of Athens and expansion posed a threat to Sparta, and the two Greek city-states had few incentives cooperate with no immediate threats from other powers.
Thucydides,. Book Chapter XV: Tenth Year of the War - Death of Cleon and Brasidas - Peace of Nicias. 2016. Web. 26 Apr. 2016.
< HYPERLINK "http://classics.mit.edu/Thucydides/pelopwar.5.fifth.html" http://classics.mit.edu/Thucydides/pelopwar.5.fifth.html>
Chapter 5 of The History of the Peloponnesian War,” focuses on the death of Cleon an Athenian commander and Brasidas a Spartan commander. Relations between Athens and Sparta worsened as Sparta wanted to maintain her oligarchy political structure, but Athens sought to spread democracy. The chapter further highlights that Cleon died during battle.
The chapter was also writ...
- Discover Sparta and Their Role in the Peloponnesian WarDescription: Whose point of view does it reflect? What about the document is believable to you, what is not? What can document tell us about society that produced it?...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | MLA | History | Annotated Bibliography |
- The Role of ReligionDescription: Annotated Bibliography: The Role of Religion (History)...2 pages/≈550 words | 5 Sources | MLA | History | Annotated Bibliography |
- Annotated Bibliography Cirino, Mark. “Hemingway's ‘Big Two-Hearted River'Description: Cirino, Mark. “Hemingway’s ‘Big Two-Hearted River’: Nick’s Strategy and the Psychology of Mental Control.” Papers on Language & Literature 47.2 (2011)...2 pages/≈550 words | 6 Sources | MLA | History | Annotated Bibliography |