What is feminism? Gender Approaches, Gendered Society (Annotated Bibliography Sample)
Part one: Essay Plan Approximately 400 words
You will submit a detailed plan of your research essay for feedback from your tutor. You will be assessed on the effort and thought you put into the plan as well as the clarity of your writing and understanding of the ideas, concepts and issues we have discussed in the unit.
Briefly summarise the concepts / theories you will analyse in your essay (if the question asks you to specifically refer to concepts / theories and examples, make sure you include these in your essay).
Indicate some examples that you might use to support you analysis.
Outline your argument, in point form, and show the stages through which your argument will progress.
Indicate which of your academic publications will be used at various stage in your analysis.
Part two: Annotated Bibliography approximately 450 words.
You will compile and submit an annotated bibliography of the research that, at least provisionally, provides support for the argument and analysis that you will provide in your essay. You will need to provide details of a minimum of six relevant scholarly publications; at least two of these readings must come from the unit, and a minimum of three must be publications that you have found elsewhere. You may use more than 6 publications.
LITERATURE AND LANGUAGE
While arguments are continually made for gender, sexuality and race as biological fact, it is more productive to regard them as outcomes of discourses and discursive practices that have varied historically ,geographically and culturally.
* What is feminism? (Beasly 1999).A look at what basically constitutes feminism and the theories explaining theory. The causes that feminists are agitating for .According to Lober (2000); it is these feminists that are even playing a greater role in the expansion of the gender debate. Psychoanalysis, postmodernism, a theory of the body and queer theory (Beasly, 1999) .Jeffrey attempts to â€˜deconstruct' the earlier notions of sexuality.
* The underlying theories behind the understanding and appreciation of personal differences and how people perceive each other. The concept of difference (Stuart, 1997).The origins of gender stereotypes and how they play into the overall topic of bias. Gendered identities, gendered sexualities, and gendered institutions. Psychological explanations of gender (Kimmel, 2000).
* The general notion of gender inequality and gender difference (Jeffrey, 1986).Which one is the cause or outcome of the other? The society as the chief factor that brings about different gender perspectives that are being experienced today-Constructivist approach(Kimmel,2000).The connection between the social stereotypes and the real development of feminism.(Lober,2000).Acceptance and inclusiveness is an important aspect of social constructionist. Kimmel points out to these gendered social institutions as the reason for the widening gender bias in the society.
* Gender as an individual characteristic. Causes of gender inequality-gender difference or the other way round (Lober, 2000).Alsops et.al. (2002) note that gender accounts based on social constructionism is categorized into two; materialist and discursive theories. These theories can be either essentialist or non-essentialist in nature. The various views or approaches to gender, Alsop et. Al. (2002) offers a view into the naturalist and post-structuralist approach to gender. Additionally, they also trying giving the example of how social institutions such as schools, help develop the notion of gender stereotypes.
* The development and advancement of gender approaches .Lober (2000) also contends that the engenderization of sexes isn't a rational, distinct classification, but rather a physiological transformation of social prac...
- Doing business in ChinaDescription: Doing business in China Literature and Language Annotated Bibliography...1 page/≈275 words | 12 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Annotated Bibliography |
- Women in The Military are Treated UnfairlyDescription: The author to the article discusses issues affecting women in the military and concludes the article by discussing the pros and cons resulting from women joining the military...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Annotated Bibliography |
- Smoke DetectorsDescription: This magazine article offers a rich risk evasion guide by Chagger...2 pages/≈550 words | 7 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Annotated Bibliography |