Patients With Type 2 Diabetes (Annotated Bibliography Sample)
Your annotated bibliography should follow APA style guidelines and should include at least 6 scholarly research articles. You may include other resources as well.
Each annotation should:
• Summarize the article
• Assess the sources claims
• Explain how the article fits with your research paper
Effects of Intensive Glucose Lowering in Type 2 Diabetes. (2008). New England Journal Of Medicine, 358(24), 2545-2559. http://dx.doi.org/10.1056/nejmoa0802743
The article studies the relationship between cardiovascular events and glycated hemoglobin levels in patients with type 2 diabetes. The investigation was done to understand whether intensive therapy and standard therapy that targets glycated hemoglobin levels could reduce cardiovascular event in people with type 2 diabetes who had established cardiovascular disease or had additional cardiovascular risk factor. Research was carried out on over 10, 000 patients with a mean age of 62 years, had glycated hemoglobin level of 8.1% and who were supposed to get intensive therapy. The result showed that stable glycated hemoglobin levels were achieved due to intensive therapy and standard therapy. Standard therapy was found to be the right intervention as compared to intensive therapy which recorded increased mortality rate. The findings outline the disadvantage of intensive glucose lowering in high-risk patients with type 2 diabetes.
Intensive Blood Glucose Control and Vascular Outcomes in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes. (2008). New England Journal Of Medicine, 358(24), 2560-2572.
Intensive glucose control in patient with type 2 diabetes is an important field to study in order to identify its vascular outcomes effect. The authors did a research on over 11, 000 patients who either went through intensive glucose control or standard glucose control while at the same time using drugs to achieve glycated hemoglobin value of 6.5% of less. The result showed that mean glycated hemoglobin level was lower in intensive-control group by 6.5% than in standard-control group which was 7.3% after 5 years of following. Intensive control reduced incidence of macrovascular, microvascular events as well as that of major micro vascular event. The study however combined use of drugs while at the same time going through therapy which was not the case with previous studies.
Reduction in the Incidence of Type 2 Diabetes with Lifestyle Intervention or Metformin. (2002). New England Journal Of Medicine, 346(6), 393-403.
About 8 percent of the adults in the United States are affected by type 2 diabetes which in some cases is attributed to elevated plasma glucose concentration, sedentary life style and overweight. To understand this more a study was carried out on over 3000 nondiabetic persons with a mean age of 51 years, with elevated fasting and post-load plasma glucose concentrations to placebo. A weight loss program and 150 minutes physical activity per week was also carried out. The result after 2.8 years showed that lifestyle intervention reduced the incidences by 58 percent while metform...
- Annotated Bibliography: Journal of Intercultural RelationsDescription: Barnlund and Yoshioka used a number of ways to achieve their goal of learning the interaction styles especially apologies of this two countries...5 pages/≈1375 words | 5 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Annotated Bibliography |
- Working with groupsDescription: Literature and Language Essay: Working with groups...3 pages/≈825 words | 5 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Annotated Bibliography |
- Complete Part 1 Of The Project Multimodal Annotated Bibliography: Child AbuseDescription: The paper will also view child abuse from the perspective of blogs, whereby bloggers opinionate on issues related to child abuse. The above modes will be used in the research process....2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Annotated Bibliography |