Aboriginal Burial Sites/ Treatment of Aboriginal Peoples (Annotated Bibliography Sample)
Hi! I need an annotated bibliography & critical response with my argumentative essay, using the 5 sources you will cite. It's due before the essay, but if I have both assignments at same time, I am good, I have allowed time. It's actually due before the essay? I found another source that shows a good argument (i.e., science investigation) you might want to look at it. I'm prepared to do the presentation, just not the writing. Thanks for your help. Here's the goods from the teacher for marking.
For your annotated bibliography you will be required to find five credible sources to be used in your final research report and presentation. The bibliography is due in week 8 and must include the following:
1. APA style title page:
2. APA style bibliography page with five sources
3. A formal academic summary for each source
4. A critical evaluation of each source
APA title page /1
APA bibliography format /5
Five (5) formal academic summaries:
• The source is formally introduced /1
• Key points are explained /1
• Author's conclusions are included /1
• Grammar and spelling /1
• Summaries contain proper source attribution /1
• Summaries are paraphrased /1
Five (5) Critical evaluations:
• Credibility of the source is established /1
• Explains how the source will be used for research /1
• Grammar and spelling, proper sentence structure /1
The Anishinabek Nation. (2015). A Toolkit for Understanding Aboriginal Heritage and Burial Rights and Issues. Ontario: Union of Ontario Indians.
This source is a document which was compiled under the aegis of the Union of Ontario Indians for use by everyone (though particularly the indigenous Canadians themselves). The aim of the Toolkit is to lay out in clear terms what burial and cultural rites the indigenous Indians in that part of Canada have, and how the person reading them can understand them better. It is not intended to act as legal advice.
The toolkit is divided into several sections, each of which deal with a particular area – so the legislation itself has the biggest portion of the toolkit. The legislation is broken down into federal and provincial legislation, to make sure that everybody understands what happens where, and what is under whose jurisdictions. The remaining chapters include information on the history and values which led to those cultural and burial rites being important.
Understanding these rites, and what legal rights indigenous Canadians have surrounding them, is one of the first steps in ensuring that everyone has their own beliefs and customs honoured and respected. While the Toolkit itself isn't legal advice, it acts as a way of getting the process started, and also gives a lot of resources for people who want to take their rights further, and gain some legal help and advice about their situation.
Johnston, D. (2006). Connecting People to Place: Great Lakes Aboriginal History in Cultural Context. The Ipperwash Commission of Inquiry. Retrieved from https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/inquiries/ipperwash/.../pdf/P1_Tab_1.pdf
Johnston focuses on the cultural context of the issues surrounding burial rites in the communities of indigenous Indians in the Ontario area. She not only talks about the history of the indigenous people, but also goes into great detail about the history surrounding them and the colonial settlers who took over the area, and the way in which they systemically changed the lives of the indigenous Indians.
Her ultimate findings are that the indigenous peoples have such a great connection to the land (and therefore are so adamant about their burial rites) because of the totemic identities they have formed concerning it. This summary is backed up by pages of step by step comparison of the history and religions of the two respective groups which have co-existed in the region for the past several hundred years. This comparison included religious outlooks, basic philosophy, and the ideas behind their respective institutions, and Johnston used them all as a way of deciphering why the
- Reflective Annotated Bibliography::The Four SectionsDescription: The paper contains information on creation of an electronic e-commerce systems such that a client can order a product and pay it online using a credit card ...2 pages/≈550 words | 6 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Annotated Bibliography |
- Women in The Military are Treated UnfairlyDescription: The author to the article discusses issues affecting women in the military and concludes the article by discussing the pros and cons resulting from women joining the military...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Annotated Bibliography |
- How people and structure influences organizational PerformanceDescription: Annotated Bibliography: How people and structure influences organizational Performance ...3 pages/≈825 words | 5 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Annotated Bibliography |