Investigate the history of slavery and discuss the ways in which this history impacts contemporary society (Annotated Bibliography Sample)
Week 4 Annotated Bibliography
Support/Development of Ideas: Introductory paragraph sets context for sources. Five sources with two paragraphs for each source: The summary paragraph summarizes the source with author's/authors' main points along with ideas that are relevant to the student's research. The author's credibility is discussed. The connection to research paragraph shows how and where each source will be used in the student's paper. 8 points for each source/2 paragraphs x 5 sources =
REFERENCES: FIVE CREDIBLE, TIMELY SOURCES ARE USED, WITH THE CORRECT INFORMATION LISTED ACCORDING TO APA 6TH EDITION FORMAT, INCLUDING ONE OR TWO CITATIONS PER SOURCE
APA including Paper Format: Correct title page, headers, second page title, margins, alignment, spacing, font and size.
Grammar, Mechanics, and Style: Grammar refers to correctness of language usage. Mechanics refers to conventional correctness in capitalization, punctuation, and spelling. Style includes word choice, sentence variety, clarity, and conciseness. Also, sentences vary in length and structure; ideas are clear, logical, and concise.
Investigate the history of slavery and discuss the ways in which this history impacts contemporary society
Salafia, M. (2017). Slavery's Borderland: Freedom and Bondage along the Ohio River. Philadelphia, PA: University of Pennsylvania Press.
Salafia highlights the importance of the Ohio Valley in understanding slavery in the U.S. the states of Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky in the Ohio Valley were united by economic and cultural factors, but were divided on the issue of slavery. There were no radical antislavery movements in borderlands, but there were disagreements about slavery with the elites in Ohio most in support of ablution.
Salafia teaches history programs mainly at North Dakota State University and the book emphasizes the Ohio River as a dividing the Ohio Valley region between areas with slavery and freedom.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Same sex marriage Essays
- Animal right Essays
- Slavery Essays
- Teenage pregnancy Essays
- American dream Essays
- Immigration Essays
- Racism Essays
- Global warming Essays
- Religion Essays
- Gay marriage Essays
- Police brutality Essays
- Love Essays
- Animal testing Essays
- Obesity in america Essays
- World war 1 Essays
- Martin luther king Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to slavery:
- Liberty and Slavery in Colonial America (By Lannen, Andrew C.)Description: In his article titled Liberty and Slavery in Colonial America, Andrew C. Lannen argues that it is not possible to hear the loud yelp for freedom among the drivers of Negroes and that people’s commitment to individual freedom has nothing to do with reality as they are much into practicing slavery...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- N’COBRA Final Essay. Chinese culture. History EssayDescription: Black African Americans and minority groups in America have suffered from continued victimization and discrimination from the larger and majority white community....3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | Chicago | History | Essay |
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. FINAL EXAM ESSAYDescription: Huckleberry, Huck for short, loved fun as much as he loved freedom. His honesty can be seen throughout the book; however, if needed he would resort to deception. ...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |