Lung Cancer Health, Medicine, Nursing Annotated Bibliography (Annotated Bibliography Sample)
Assignment 1: The Annotated Bibliography
Objective: Assess sources for your research for your final presentation (for credibility, reliability, and relevance) and list references in proper APA format
Assignment Instructions: The Course Project for this class is divided into three major Assignments, 1) Annotated Bibliography, 2) Outline and 3) Final Presentation. The first part is the Annotated Bibliography. An annotation is a summary and evaluation, and your annotated bibliography will include a summary and evaluation of some of the sources (or references) you will use for your presentation.
To prepare for this assignment, I recommend that you do the following:
Read these directions carefully.
Review the sample annotated bibliography provided to you below.
Read the grading criteria below. The grading criteria is a detailed evaluation that I will use to assess your performance. It also will help you understand what is expected of you as you prepare your assignments.
Message me with any questions!
The reason the annotated bibliography is included as part of the research project is that writing an annotated bibliography is important in that it provides excellent preparation for the final presentation. One of the issues regarding any type of research, especially in the biosciences, medical, health/nutrition and exercise/fitness fields, is the credibility of the sources used, particularly those obtained from various websites. By forcing you to evaluate each of your potential sources carefully, the annotated bibliography helps you determine if in fact the source you chose is credible and helps you determine how relevant it is to your topic and understand the topic better which will help you develop your presentation.
For this project, you will assess three sources to include:
1) a complete citation for each source,
2) a summary of each source, and
3) an evaluation of each source.
Three sources are required for this assignment (i.e., you are to write an annotation for each source). However, you must use five or more sources in your final presentation.
Use this TEMPLATE to summarize and evaluate each of your three sources.
Written in APA reference list format. For more help with formatting, see APA handout.
What is the purpose of the source, review article, original research? What topics are covered? This section is generally 4-6 sentences that summarize the author's main point. For more help, see this link on paraphrasing sources.
After summarizing the article (or research paper or book), it is necessary to evaluate it and state where you found it – its source (e.g., journal, website, etc.). Briefly answer the following questions in 4-6 sentences:
What is the format or type of source (e.g., peer-reviewed journal paper, website, book)? How reliable is the information in the article, and how credible is the source (e.g., website's sponsoring organization, journal or book publisher) and the author(s)?
For more help, see this handout on evaluating resources.
Sample Annotated Bibliography
Also, please see the resources below at The Owl at Purdue site for more information on how to write an annotated bibliography as well as other pages on the site to assist you with the other parts of the research paper:
[Annotated Bibliography Example]
[Annotated Bibliography Samples]
Evaluation: Please review the Annotated Bibliography Grading Criteria that describes how your annotated bibliography will be graded.
You must submit your Annotated Bibliography as a "Microsoft Word" document using the template provided (rather than a Word Pad, Works, etc. document) AND title your file name as FirstnameLastname_BIOL181_Assg1.doc. Otherwise, you will not receive credit for your assignment.
Upload your assignment for grading by selecting the "Add a File" section.
The new screen will prompt you to select the "My Computer" button so you can locate the MS Word document of your Annotated Bibliography on your computer.
Find the file and double-select on it.
Double-check to ensure that your annotated bibliography was successfully uploaded as an attachment.
When you have completed this assignment, type "Completed" in the rich text editor box below.
Select the "Submit" button.
Your annotated bibliography is automatically submitted to Turnitin with your submission: Papers will be automatically added to and checked against the standard Turnitin repositories. Originality reports will be returned to the faculty and student in roughly 15 minutes of the submission. Multiple submissions are allowed before the due date. If you wish to learn more about and how to access Turnitin.com, a plagiarism detection website, these are available from the APUS Online Library. APUS Writing Center.
Wood, R., Taylor-Stokes, G. Cost burden associated with advanced non-small cell lung cancer in Europe and the influence of disease stage. BMC Cancer 19, 214 (2019).
Wood and Taylor focus on various evidence related to the influence of the stage of non-small cell cancer (NSCLC) on costs. It gives an insight into data on the financial burden incurred directly by patients and caregivers in the course of the disease. The given article informs on the methods of collecting data, the locality, and the statistical importance of the assessment undertaken. The source acts as an eye-opener into how expensive the treatment of lung cancer can be, through giving an overview of the costs ensuing in millions of euros.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Prescription Drug Abuse: Annotated BibliographyDescription: Research is an exciting section in academic work or scholarly work. It is often essential to use credible sources to be authentic and qualify as a source of information and resource for current and future use....7 pages/≈1925 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Annotated Bibliography |
- An annotated bibliography of 5 sources that will be used for the final paper about "the Iron. . .Description: This article focuses on an analysis of the varying effects of the COVID-19 pandemic between the different races in America. Specifically, it aimed to determine why African Americans were more severely affected by the pandemic despite the safeguards erected by the State against the pandemic. ...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Annotated Bibliography |
- Congestive heart failure Health, Medicine, Nursing BibliographyDescription: Congestive Heart Failure is a condition that affects more than 4 million Americans. It is usually occurs when the heart fails to pump blood as it should. CHF can be a hard burden for patients to bear alone. Experts have estimated that nearly $ 30 million is spent by patients in the United States...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Annotated Bibliography |