3 Article Annotated Bibliography on Nursing (Annotated Bibliography Sample)
THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF A 3 ARTICLE ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY A STUDENT DID BASED ON NURSING.
You need to do a 3 article Annotated Bibliography that looks like this. (Do your own, do not copy the same thing below to me, or you will get a zero).
1. Optimal Patient Care through Nursing Leadership and Interprofessional Collaboration
Richardson, A., & Storr, J. (2010). Patient safety: a literature review on the impact of nursing empowerment, leadership and collaboration. International Nursing Review, 57(1), 12–21. doi.10.1111/j.1466-7657.2009.00757.x
This source is a literature review that suggests that patient safety should be the healthcare systems’ number one priority and that nurses are in the best position to drive a patient quality and safety agenda. It aims to identify how nursing leadership, collaboration, and empowerment relate to patient safety. It does, however, concludes that due to the many limitations in the review, more research needs to be done. The information provided will be used to demonstrate the various way nurses can influence other healthcare professionals in improving patient care.
2. Weller, J. Barrow, M., & Gasquoine, S. (2011). Interprofessional collaboration among junior doctors and nurses in the hospital setting. Medical Education, 45(5), 478-487. doi:10.1111/j.1356-2923.2010.03919.x
This source is a research study that interviewed twenty-five junior doctors and nurses to gain better understanding of their nature of interactions, collaborative activities and the issues that impact interprofessional collaboration. It also provides suggestions on how defining leadership roles can improve interprofessional collaboration efforts, which will then yield optimal patient care. The information provided by this source will be used to highlight challenges and possible suggestions in improving collaboration efforts.
3. Curtis, E. A, de Vries,., & Sheerin, F.K. (2011). Developing leadership in nursing: exploring core factors. British Journal of Nursing, 20(5), 306-309.
This source provides a definition for leadership and highlights the differences between leadership and management. It also provides information on the importance of fostering leadership in undergraduate nursing programs. The information for this source will be used to not only stress the importance of leadership in healthcare and management, but also identify leadership as a basic principle of the nursing profession.
Annotated Bibliography - management of postpartum hemorrhage
 Abdul-Kadir, R., McLintock, C., Ducloy, A., El-Refaey, H., England, A., & Federici, A. et al. (2014). Evaluation and management of postpartum hemorrhage: consensus from an international expert panel. Transfusion, 54(7), 1756-1768. doi:10.1111/trf.12550
This is a literature review on the effectiveness of managing postpartum hemorrhage (PPH), and the experts rely on the definition that PPH is active bleeding that occurs 24 hours after birth for more than 1000 ml even after measures have been undertaken to stop the bleeding. The experts identified women at high risk of PPH within their definition given the problem of comparing results from diverse countries. Comparing the results of the studies, the severities of PPH and blood loss were taken into account in the assessment. They highlighted the need to carry out coagulation screens the soonest PPH was diagnosed, this should also emphasize the bleeding history assessment. A review of the past studies showed that active management strategies were more effective compared to the expectant management strategies in the high-income countries. Additionally, active management was associated with less risk of severe PPH and anemia after delivery. The most common active management s protocols integrated early cord clamping, uterotonic agent as well as cord traction that facilitated delivery of the placenta.
 Gülmezoglu, A. M., Lumbiganon, P., Landoulsi, S., Widmer, M., Abdel-Aleem, H., Festin, M., . . . Elbourne, D. (2012). Active management of the third stage of labour with and without controlled cord traction: A randomised, controlled, non-inferiority trial. The Lancet, 379(9827), 1721-1727.
This randomized controlled trial study sought to establish whether the active management of third stage labor management when controlled cord traction is omitted affects the risk of seve...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- Nurse Practice ArtDescription: Using different internet sources, to include the VBON, NSBON, and other reliable government sources, discuss what are Nurse Practice Acts? on your own words...1 page/≈275 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Analyzing theme in Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman Description: According to Miller, Death of a Salesman play addresses the issue of loss of identity and an individuals inability to accept change within him and the society...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Analysis of an Empirical Research Journal ArticleDescription: Choose an appropriate article for review. The article chosen for review should be an empirical peer-reviewed journal article of a health-related topic that is no more than 5 years old...8 pages/≈2200 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |