Statement of Interest-Master of Social Work Critical Leadership (Admission Essay Sample)
Statement of Interest
All applicants must provide a Statement of Interest not exceeding 5 typed double-spaced pages, expanding on your resumé, covering the following areas:
1. Briefly describe a dilemma facing a community or organization to which you are connected. What are the key leadership challenges linked with this dilemma?
2. Discuss how your employment, experience and practicum have shaped your understanding of leadership and your desire to participate in the MSW-Critical Leadership (Note: if you have a specific placement idea in mind, please also discuss how your employment, experience and practicum have informed your proposed leadership project). Reflect on opportunities you have had to participate in program planning, practice development, advocacy or administration - and particularly, how you have offered leadership in these contexts. Your description should reflect the length, range and diversity of your experience.
3. Indicate why you are interested in this program and how you expect it to help you in pursuing your career and personal development.
Statement of Interest-Master of Social Work Critical Leadership
I am writing this statement of interest to make an application for the Masters of Social Work Critical Leadership. I am specifically interested in developing community leadership skills which would assist me to address some of the issues facing the community where I work. I have been engaged in various community initiatives, and now I believe it is time to advance to the next level by undertaking the MSW-Critical Leadership program.
The dilemma facing the organization
Currently, I work as a health promotion specialist where I coordinate Indus seven senior groups at both Mississauga and Brampton. The community here faces various challenges ranging from social, economic and environmental issues. Various social workers are tasked with addressing the different needs of the community members. Despite the availability of social workers in this area, there is a lack of adequate collaborative initiatives and strategic partnerships.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to ethical dilemma:
- Nursing Ethical Dilemmas when Dealing with Elderly Dementia PatientsDescription: Members of the nursing profession are faced with the ultimate obligation of fostering the indispensable morals of preserving life and minimizing suffering on the side of their clients....3 pages/≈825 words | 10 Sources | Harvard | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- General Ethical Principles Provide GuidelinesDescription: Ethics are imperative, both at a personal and professional level because they provide guidelines for people to differentiate between good and bad behaviors or activities....2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Weinhardt’s Ethical Dilemma The Leader Of Any OrganizationDescription: Apply the decision making model to each case using all seven steps (see slides 46 and 47). You do not answer the questions posed in the case studies....3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | MLA | Business & Marketing | Essay |