College Application Essay Writing, Nursing Department (Admission Essay Sample)
5. Describe the most significant challenge you have faced and the steps you have taken to overcome this challenge. How has this challenge affected your academic achievement?
Near the end of my freshman year, when I was deciding the classes I was going to take for sophomore year, I decided to challenge myself and not take the classes that my friends were taking. I decided to take the challenge of taking Pre-calculus Honors.
Taking that class, I have found math as a difficult subject. I consider math at the time as one of my weaknesses. Before taking that class, I excelled a year ahead of some of my peers in my grade, I was surprised of how difficult the subject was and had to change my studying habits. Juggling AP European History and Pre- calculus Honors, I had to balance both classes that I found challenging.
6. Think about an academic subject that inspires you. Describe how you have furthered this interest inside and/or outside of the classroom.source..
College Application Essay
Date College Application Essay
I have faced challenges in the course of my academic journey, but the most significant one was taking Pre-calculus Honors for my sophomore year. I took Pre-calculus Honors because I wanted to learn more about algebra, geometry, and trigonometry. I decided to challenge myself and take up something different from what my friends were taking, since i believed that I could do more and achieve more. This was, certainly, an ambitious step, but I was very excited about it.
It later dawned on me that mathematics was not as easy as I thought. Understanding the mathematical concepts involved in Pre-calculus Honors was not a simple task. There are times I was forced to stay up late to grasp the functions and algorithms related to the subject. At the same time, AP European History did not give me an easy time either. In this class, I had to learn European history from the 15th century to the present. The topics were wide and needed a lot of research for quality comprehension. This too, was not an easy ride. I had to find a way of dealing with this challenge.
As a student with big dreams about my future, I had to take drastic measures to address this situation. Giving up was not an option because I knew what I wanted to achieve. For this reason, I had to change my study habits and find a way of balancing both classes. I had to place Pre-calculus Honors and AP European History on top of my priority list in order to register excellent performances. I also worked closely with my tutors who offered tremendous help and advice in becoming better in these subjects. I put in more effort and dedication in these classes, and, for sure, my academic scale improved immensely.
I love biology very much; it is a subject that has never ceased to inspire me since my first biology class in freshman year. I find biological concepts very captivating, and this pushes me to explore more knowledge on the same. I am particularly fascinated by the physical and chemical composition of living organisms, and its relationship to the field of medicine. Consequently, I have made up my mind to pursue nursing as my preferred career.
My mother and grandmother have contributed enormously in shaping my interest in nursing. My mother is in the process of getting her nursing license. She is a great inspiration to me pursuing my future career. An unfortunate event that also inspired me to love biology and nursing more is when my grandmother suffered a stroke and, as
- Information Characteristic And Qualities Of Child Description: Which of your child's accomplishments are you most proud ? Highly Self-motivated, She knows what is the best for herself. Can you think of any obstacles your child has overcome ?...3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | APA | Education | Admission Essay |
- Interior Design Admission Paper Writing AssignmentDescription: Whenever I see a space, I love to evaluate it based on its color schemes, shape, and its general composition. I have always loved artistic expressions, being an interior designer came naturally....1 page/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Education | Admission Essay |
- Admission Services - Essay, Your Academic And Career PlansDescription: Describe your academic and career plans and any special interests (e.g., undergraduate research, academic interests, leadership opportunities, etc.) that you are eager to pursue as an undergraduate at Indiana University...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Education | Admission Essay |