Vision Statement Online Application: Study in Hong Kong (Admission Essay Sample)
I will apply graduate school in Hong Kong. My major is Biology. I contacted with one professor. He worked in The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, and he current research areas include 1. Post-translational modification (PTM) networks in plant cell signaling and cell cycle. 2. Quantitative PTM proteomics, interactomics and molecular systems biology. 3. Plant Biotechnology.
For the online application, it requires Vision Statement. Here, they asked me some questions. Please according to my professor's research areas to answer these questions.
1. Reasons for wishing to pursue PhD / MPhil Studies in Hong Kong (up to 2000 characters including spaces).
2. Long-term career plan, aims and interests for future development after graduation (up to 2000 characters including spaces).
3. Contribution that you would like to make to the development of research in Hong Kong and to the society (up to 2000 characters including spaces).
4. The intellectual vision and aspirations that you would like to demonstrate through your proposed research plan (up to 2000 characters including spaces).
Please help me to answer these four questions.
For the first question, I hope you can mainly focus on the academic environments rather than economic environments.
The second question, I hope I can receive PhD degree in the future and further study in Biology.
The third question, you can use this paragraph as a model to rephrase.
I am a creative person and like to work in a interdisciplinary area which has huge potential.For example,I can do some contribution to the economic development of Hong kong by doing research and development jobs of drugs in Pharmaceutical Factory.Moreover,I am strong motivated.I really want to do something with practical significance and make original scientific contributions to mankind in general.Besides,I am diligent and persistent.I will spare no efforts to accomplish my goals. Thus,I believe I can make an achievement in my interested field and can do some contribution to Hong Kong’s capacity to innovate and development.
The fourth question, you can use my research experiences to write it.
Thank you very much. I will attach my CV and my personal statement.
I chose to study in Hong Kong because of some reasons. First, Hong Kong universities are among the top best in the world as ranked by Quareli Symonds and therefore am assured of quality resources to make my studies successful. Second, a Ph.D. program in Hong Kong takes a short time. For example, a research-oriented course such as the one am applying for takes a term of three years only while in other countries such as the United States and France, the same course takes a minimum of five years. Research project begins at the first year meaning that I would have enough time to gather data for my project. In addition, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government is determined to make Hong Kong a reIn addition, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government is determined to make Hong Kong a regional education hub; and this makes me eager to get a taste of the East at the dawn of what is being called the ‘Asian Century' by some, without completely abandoning home comforts, or to get a taste of the West without leaving Asia.
I hope I can receive Ph.D. degree in the future and further study in Biology. I would further my research in the area of molecular genetics with the aim of using the knowledge gained from the field to study human diseases such as cancer and find the ways of controlling such conditions in human beings. I hope to contribute to public health in the prevention of diseases that are caused by unhealthy food and to provide more knowledge on the issues surrounding genetically modified food. I wish to contribute to decisions on whether genetically modified products should be used as human food or not considering the fact that this subject is still being debated in most parts of the world and I would provide answers based on scientific findings from my studies.
I am an innovative individual, and I would wish to be part of interdisciplinary bodies which have great potential. For instance, I would be looking forward to contributing towards the economic growth and development of Hong Kong through research that helps in development pharmaceutical drugs in the drug industry. Furthermore, I am strongly enthusiastic and energetic person. I would...
- Statement of Purpose: What do You Want to Study at Graduate School?Description: Explain a little more about your goals going forward, and specifically how you see those goals fitting into this professor existing research program...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Admission Essay |
- Vision Statement Online Application: Study in Hong KongDescription: Long-term career plan, aims and interests for future development after graduation (up to 2000 characters including spaces)...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Admission Essay |